Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92D w/ 92X Grip

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AdioSS View Post
    My only wish is that it was available in .40
    Unless something drastically changes in the market, .40 for defensive use is essentially going the way of the dodo. Even with the shortage of 9MM today (which won't last forever).

I would STRONGLY urge that you check out some of the newer 9x19 defensive loads. My personal favorites being Federal HST or Winchester RA9T. They are exceedingly effective, lower recoil, and yield lessened wear on a 9MM as well as drastically improved accuracy on the part of the shooter under stress.

If you really want .40, I'd suggest checking out the PX4. It's the only .40 Platform I enjoy shooting outside of a full size USP in .40 personally.

FWIW, .45GAP caught my interest recently, and even that is far more pleasant to shoot in a 9MM size platform than .40 IMHO. Of course, you know what they say about opinions and how everyone has them....

Now, if we're talking about USPSA or the like, I can see your desire, but unfortunately a US Made .40S&W 90 series will not be happening in the forseeable future.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Are these only available through Bud’s or will they hit normal distribution channels also?
    Bud's only right now.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    @e_stern and/or @jetfire, are these guns going to have the same number/configuration of slide serrations as the old 92Ds?

The picture on Bud's shows them stopping at the same location as they do on the safety/decocker equipped guns and not extending back the extra couple of centimeters they do on the old 92Ds.
    These are the F/G standard serrations, shorter than the old Ds.

Hammertime
    What a cool gun!

I already have a couple 92Ds if. If not I would be all over this. They are great guns.

I still might. I bet they don’t sell out anywhere near as fast as the begging from Beretta folks would lead you to believe. Sadly Beretta lovers seem to not put their money where there mouth is.

Cheaper here.
    Gunbroker 880445463
    (Don't know how to send a link from my phone)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    What a cool gun!

I already have a couple 92Ds if. If not I would be all over this. They are great guns.

I still might. I bet they don’t sell out anywhere near as fast as the begging from Beretta folks would lead you to believe. Sadly Beretta lovers seem to not put their money where there mouth is.

No question I would have got these had they came out last year, but I went to the P-07. Just not able to do a switch at this time.

I really want one of these.

E_stern, thanks for making this project!

I want one badly to go with my 4 other pizza guns... but Covid has cut off my wife’s income for now.😕

My only request if you have stroke/juice with beretta? Forward serrations like on the LTT should be on all 92s! It seems like a no brainer, and minimal extra machine time.

Just a though and one of my only complaints of the 92 series. (I am 90% sure our old issued 96D Brigs had front serrations.)

Thanks for making a run of the D, that gun rocks.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

When you click on the link, you can view the available serial numbers. I counted 48 but may have been off one or two so we'll say ~50 available at buds. Don't know if that's with the orders already in or total count.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Hammertime
    @e_stern. Do these come with the over grip that simulates a standard 92?

If not, are those grips available currently from Beretta.

Want bad. Running the numbers now to see if I can swing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

User Tag List