Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92D w/ 92X Grip

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Any word on whether there will be another run, either of these or (🙏 if we are so blessed) a Centurion version?

These were super limited so they are impossible to stumble on.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    Any word on whether there will be another run, either of these or (🙏 if we are so blessed) a Centurion version?

These were super limited so they are impossible to stumble on.
    Or a Compact. I would love a compact to go with the full-size.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    EveryGunPart may still have some Centurion D slide parts kits available. If you really want a D Compact, that's probably your way.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    EveryGunPart may still have some Centurion D slide parts kits available. If you really want a D Compact, that's probably your way.
    They do indeed. None of the kits have locking blocks though. Guess what seems to be in short supply everywhere I look?
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    It’s the Vertec Compact D slide that’s appealing about the idea. I want one with a removable front sight. If Beretta ever does a run of 92DXR Compacts, I’ll probably hurt my shoulder getting my wallet out quickly enough, but if they don’t it’s not the end of the world for me.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I've held a couple of Vertec slides in my hands now and not one of them has had the dovetail cut right. If they aren't going to cut it right, why bother cutting it at all? It's not like machining a dovetail should be a manufacturing challenge in 2021. I've given up.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Will anyone mill a non-Vertec slide? Allegheny maybe (isn’t that the shop that does a lot of custom 92 work)?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Will anyone mill a non-Vertec slide? Allegheny maybe (isn’t that the shop that does a lot of custom 92 work)?
    Not even sure if they are currently doing gunsmithing. There is one company (don't remember it off the top of my head), that I found out about via teh beretta forum, but it was expensive, and you have very limited options (not sure you have a choice of sights).

I had a 92D Centurion for a bit, and that's a thin part of the slide where the front sight sits.

While I'd love to see a RDO cut for that slide, I think it's probably way too big a deviation from the existing for way too small of a market.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Site Supporter
    A 92 or 92x compact DAO would be tempting for sure.

User Tag List