Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92D w/ 92X Grip

Shot mine a bit today. Not a lot, maybe 100 rounds. Seems to want to use a drive the dot sight picture at 25 with the 115 grain reloads I was running. I did have one stoppage, but that may well have been the ammo. It’s a bit hard to say. I’m obviously not going to make it a carry gun with only 100 rounds on it and a stoppage to its name, but I’m not necessarily ready to call Beretta and send it back either. I don’t case gauge my reloads when I’m making large quantities of practice ammo, and it could have easily been something with the round. More shooting will tell the tale.

I shot it better at 25 yards than I really expected and managed a passing score on the HiTS Super Test on the two runs of that I did with it. It’s an easy gun for me to get into a rhythm with.

Humorous thing I noticed, I kept wanting to decock it at the end of a shot string. I’d shoot my string, return to low ready, and reach for the slide mounted lever that of course wasn’t there. I guess I’ve done enough shooting with F and G model Berettas that I’ve ingrained decocking when I go to low ready.

Hammertime
    I think I have found the combination I like for the 92DXR:

Name:  F58B23C3-5DC9-4461-80BE-05413E92B510.jpg
Views: 1898
Size:  60.0 KB

Hogue G10 Wrap Around grip.
    14# Hammer spring.
    Plus or minus a TLR8 Laser light combo. But if I were carrying this gun or using it on a nightstand it would be plus.

While I don’t love the aesthetics of a rail, it is super useful.

With this combo I am 100% reliably shooting steel ammo, have a reasonable trigger just over 8#. And the gun will shoot 2” groups with this ammo if I do my part.

I have had no further trigger reset drama with the G10 grip.

Also the cheap plastic Beretta Wrap around grips are back in stock at MGW.

Converted a brig tac to dao to use as a rimfire trainer to my 92dxr. A d spring is fairly reliable with rimfire it seems.

Had a great run on the advanced super test managing a 100 on both the 15 yard string and 5, something I've never done centerfire as if yet. Also made a final hit at 19 yards on a sweet 16 drill. Enjoying this dao thing.

Name:  20201206_101817.jpg
Views: 922
Size:  30.7 KB

Name:  20201206_105621.jpg
Views: 922
Size:  27.1 KB

Name:  20201206_110318.jpg
Views: 939
Size:  29.2 KB

Name:  20201206_110851.jpg
Views: 917
Size:  28.1 KB
    1 light strike at 5 put me ot with the second strike. Rimfire woes.

Name:  20201206_111014.jpg
Views: 933
Size:  30.2 KB
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Picked up my third and final example of these pistols yesterday--fit and finish are great and the sights are dead center. Very happy. Now I just have to find time to get to the range...

Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    Picked up my third and final example of these pistols yesterday--fit and finish are great and the sights are dead center. Very happy. Now I just have to find time to get to the range...
    Third? Damnit! I gotta catch up.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Third? Damnit! I gotta catch up.
    Given how unlikely it is Beretta will make these again, I figured I better stock up!

Had all three out to the range today, along with my LTT Elite Centurion. All three shot very well, I didn't notice that much of a difference in trigger pull between the 12# hammer spring in my 92D-X with the stainless barrel as compared to the 16# springs in the other two guns. In dry fire and slow-fire the difference can be felt, but for some reason when live-firing from the holster to a time-standard I didn't really notice it.

Here's some pics:

Due to the ammo shortage, I'm shooting "half-tests" for benchmarks. 5 shots in 5 seconds from 10-yards. I'm happy with this 92D-X with the 12# Langdon hammer spring and 4.7" stainless Langdon barrel:

My Langdon Centurion turned in a similar performance, with the 9-ring shot being the first double-action shot from the holster. I need to work on that.

Here's all three Beretta 92D-X's together, along with the LTT they reluctantly agree to hang out with

Oregon45, since you shot them all in the same range trip, what do you feel the difference is between the vertec and regular grip? Years ago when I got my M9A3 I noticed that when hurrying from low ready I shot low w/ the vertec. I figured it would be easy enough to adjust to if I were going to switch to all vertecs but, since it was the only one, I put the conversion grip on it right there.

I didn't feel much difference between the Vertec grip and the standard grip, but my LTT has the very thin Langdon grips as well as the additional frame contouring Langdon specifies. I don't have a standard 92 with ordinary thickness grips to compare to the Vertec; I assume that configuration would provide the greatest contrast between the two frame designs.

Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    I didn't feel much difference between the Vertec grip and the standard grip, but my LTT has the very thin Langdon grips as well as the additional frame contouring Langdon specifies. I don't have a standard 92 with ordinary thickness grips to compare to the Vertec; I assume that configuration would provide the greatest contrast between the two frame designs.
    In my hand the Vertec grip with standard trigger fits better than my old WCBT 92G with ultra thin grips and SRT.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

User Tag List