Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92D w/ 92X Grip

How do the Lok grips compare in terms of thickness to the VZ 92 grips?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    But I also notice that at that pace I am not having to muscle the gun all over, it just settles back in to place and I fire again and it all seems to happen at about the speed I can work the trigger. It's a kind of low stress kind of feeling and I like it.
    My sentiments exactly!
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Doc you have to try a 12 or 13# spring. I am not sure how the bobbed hammer compares to a skeleton hammer but I have never had a failure to fire w/ a 12 and skeleton.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    Doc you have to try a 12 or 13# spring. I am not sure how the bobbed hammer compares to a skeleton hammer but I have never had a failure to fire w/ a 12 and skeleton.
    I used a 13# in a Centurion Tactical and had some failures to light euro ammo. Went to D spring and have never had an issue since. Supposedly it will work better with the solid firing pin but who knows.
    @e_stern do you know which hammer spring the 92DXR ships with?

Site Supporter
    I used a 13# in a Centurion Tactical and had some failures to light euro ammo. Went to D spring and have never had an issue since. Supposedly it will work better with the solid firing pin but who knows.
    @e_stern do you know which hammer spring the 92DXR ships with?
    They are receiving the standard 92D spring.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

Hammertime
    I just want to drop this summary here in case anyone cares:

Beretta 92 Hammer Springs:

Factory stock: 20#
    D Spring: 16# Stock in LTT Elite, Langdon M9 and D models
    14#: should be pretty reliable
    13# Reliable except occasional hard NATO primers ~7.5#DA
    12# competition only ~6.5#DA
    11# Federal Primers only 5.5#DA

PX4 D spring is not the same as a 92 D spring and is about equivalent to a 12# 92 spring.

Reference:

Hammertime
    More updates:

I received the Hogue Wrap around grips today super fast from Hogue direct.

The Good: They fit amazingly well, and really fill the hand. The measure about the same size as the Beretta plastic grip.

The Bad: I didn't read the fine print and ordered the smooth version of this grip. And, let me tell you it is smooth. Not enough texture to grip. I called Hogue and they were super helpful, directing me to the checkered version, and offering to swap mine out provided I ship them back and pay the difference. Done.

For reference, this is the smooth: https://www.hogueinc.com/grips/beret...cus-dark-earth

This is the textured: https://www.hogueinc.com/grips/beret...cus-dark-earth

They also both come in boring black. Order with confidence that they will transform the Vertec into a standard Beretta grip.

No photos sorry, they don't even have them on their website.

I also installed various hammer springs and measured the pull on my digital gauge:

Factory D spring: 9#DA
    13#: 8lb DA
    PX4D: 7.25lb DA

Of note, the D hammer spring in my old police trade in 92D and Langdon M9 settled in to 7.75# on each. The PX4 D spring settled in to 7.5# on the Cent Tac. No idea why pulls are so much higher on this particular DXR.
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 10-28-2020 at 07:09 PM.

Hammertime
    I also installed various hammer springs and measured the pull on my digital gauge:

Factory D spring: 9#DA
    13#: 8lb DA
    PX4D: 7.25lb DA

Of note, the D hammer spring in my old police trade in 92D and Langdon M9 settled in to 7.75# on each. The PX4 D spring settled in to 7.5# on the Cent Tac. No idea why pulls are so much higher on this particular DXR.
    Late Edit: the PX4 D spring settled in to 6.5# pull on the Cent Tac.

Beretta 92 Hammer Springs:

Factory stock: 20#
    D Spring: 16# Stock in LTT Elite, Langdon M9 and D models
    14#: should be pretty reliable
    13# Reliable except occasional hard NATO primers ~7.5#DA
    12# competition only ~6.5#DA
    11# Federal Primers only 5.5#DA
    FWIW for anyone looking for data points, I ran about 500 rounds through a 92A1 with a 12# spring and never had a light strike. Hammer spring was the only thing not stock on that gun. Mostly, if not all, Winchester Forged ammo.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    FWIW for anyone looking for data points, I ran about 500 rounds through a 92A1 with a 12# spring and never had a light strike. Hammer spring was the only thing not stock on that gun. Mostly, if not all, Winchester Forged ammo.
    I just realized I ran 1600 rounds through a Cent Tac with PX4 D spring (equivalent to a 12# Beretta 92 spring) without issues and a lot was euro ammo. I thought it was a 92 D spring when I installed it, but the trigger is simply to light for that to be true.

User Tag List