Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92D w/ 92X Grip

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    If I was proceeding down this road, I would almost certainly get out the wet sandpaper and a tub of water and slim down the lump at the top part of the back strap to blend the transition to the frame. But I'm just OCD that way.
    Probably just for durability. I can imagine if it was blended any more, that would be a very thin area of G10.

Well, I saw that Sportsman’s Supply was selling a bunch of these on Gunbroker so I threw a bid out on one of them. Won it for $500. I’m not a huge fan of the Vertec frame so I’ll probably try to snag one of the wraparound G10 grips the next time Beretta runs a sale.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    I agree. While not a 92X I have the G10 wrap around grip on my M9A3 and it feels very much like a standard 92 grip. And it doesn't even look bad on my tan M9A3.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hK9XNF]
    I actually bought mine for my M9A3. I found someone selling take-offs for $20. I wish I had bought both sets they had.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    Do many people prefer the VERTEC grip? Seems everyone likes the traditional grip better.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Do many people prefer the VERTEC grip? Seems everyone likes the traditional grip better.
    I think it's like a flat mainspring housing on a 1911. It looks cool, but the arched version fits most people better.

I’m really digging the Vertec grip angle. Hating the OG Vertec grip panels though.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Some of us have small, beefy, potato-picker hands. Every small-handed or female officer I trained on the B92 system did better with a Vertec frame gun.

Although I prefer the aesthetics of the standard frame, the guns I have that are Vertec framed aren’t wearing any conversion grips. I see very little difference between the two when actually shooting so I just leave them be.

I think it mostly has to do w/ hand size and especially finger length. Anyone who shoots their 92 w/ the first shot in DA and has smaller hands/shorter fingers is really helped by the Vertec grip. I tried it when I first went to the range w/ my M9A3 and found that I was a couple inches low at 30 ft on quick shots from a low ready position. I popped on the rubber grip and that was immediately fixed so it stayed til the G10s came out. If I had short fingers, I would go Vertec on all our 92s and, if it were there, I am pretty sure the inches low would go away by the second or third box of ammo

I don't feel strongly either way on the vertec. It feels off to me but, with a pair of g10 panels, shoots just fine. I do like the beretta hump on the normal grip in that it pulls the web of my hand up into the beaver tail. With the vertec, if i am a touch low on the grip while drawing, it stays low but it is instantly felt but not hard to recover from.

At some point, when the wraparound g10 conversion grows come back in stock, I'm sure I'll try them. I'm in no hurry though as the vertec is serviceable as is for me.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

User Tag List