Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92D w/ 92X Grip

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Can you swap uppers? Have a LTT Elite D?
    Yes, you can.
    <º))))>< (_(_(_) ><((((º>
    Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking.
    Eἰς ἀνήρ οὐδεί ἀνήρ

Quote Originally Posted by Rev579 View Post
    Yes, you can.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Can you swap uppers? Have a LTT Elite D?
    Yes, you can.
    What you end up with after combining the LTT frame with the 92D slide is a DA/SA Beretta without a decocking lever because the LTT frame still has the sear parts. My LTT has the NP3 Trigger Job in a Bag using the Wilson trigger bar. This did allow me to get something close to what the 92D will feel like after swapping the trigger bar and a couple of springs. Definitely a lighter DA pull than stock.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Something is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    What you end up with after combining the LTT frame with the 92D slide is a DA/SA Beretta without a decocking lever because the LTT frame still has the sear parts. My LTT has the NP3 Trigger Job in a Bag using the Wilson trigger bar. This did allow me to get something close to what the 92D will feel like after swapping the trigger bar and a couple of springs. Definitely a lighter DA pull than stock.
    Or...you can remove the sear parts, use the LTT NP3 TJIAB and go DAO, with or without the spurless hammer. But, if you have the NP3 goodies, you'll likely have an NP3'd hammer-which I would keep. But to get the real advantage of the DAO setup, get rid of the sear.
    Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking.
    Eἰς ἀνήρ οὐδεί ἀνήρ

Site Supporter
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned...folks have been talking about G10 and plastic conversion grips being unavailable. Beretta has rubber conversion grips in both black and FDE in stock according to their website. Some folks don't like them, but they could be used as a placeholder until the other materials become available again.

Or...you can remove the sear parts, use the LTT NP3 TJIAB and go DAO, with or without the spurless hammer. But, if you have the NP3 goodies, you'll likely have an NP3'd hammer-which I would keep. But to get the real advantage of the DAO setup, get rid of the sear.
    I like my LTT Elite too much in its DA/SA form to convert it into a DAO, as tempting as it would be to have a 92D with the best frame Beretta has ever produced. Maybe one day I’ll find someone who would prefer a 92X frame to the one that came with their LTT Elite.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I like my LTT Elite too much in its DA/SA form to convert it into a DAO, as tempting as it would be to have a 92D with the best frame Beretta has ever produced. Maybe one day I’ll find someone who would prefer a 92X frame to the one that came with their LTT Elite.
    Legit reasoning. I practice my DAO Trigger control with a Ciener .22 Conversion Kit, but my best triggers are DA/SA(2 were early jobs done by LTT & 1 by D. Ohlasso)
    Eἰς ἀνήρ οὐδεί ἀνήρ

Pre covid/ panic/ riot/ armageddon there were ltt frames on gunbroker for just under $500. Probably worth watching on occasion if that's what you want.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Hammertime
    I received and installed the Beretta plastic overwrap grips from Midwest Gun Works today and I have to say they really transformed my experience shooting this pistol. They are pretty aggressive and uncomfortable for carry, but the profile is just what I needed to grip this gun.
    Name:  FE251D27-A980-45FE-B508-32574D6B5B61_1_105_c.jpg
Views: 883
Size:  66.6 KBName:  07E35891-CE5F-40E4-910D-4D17D15A85F1_1_105_c.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  42.7 KB

I think the over grip adjusts the grip angle just a bit to the Glock side which I also like.

I put 383 rounds through today without any fatigue or real hot spots. the upper edge of the grip is a little sharp on the web and I sanded it down just a bit.

I had zero FTLBEs, and zero double clutch issues with the larger grip. It pretty much solved my annoyances with the gun from my first outing.

Adjusting the sights to the center of the dovetails front and back has made the gun shoot now. For me it hits top of front sight at 25 and drive the dot from 15 in with 115 grain ammo.

Started with Dot Torture at 7 yds and did a very decent 48.

Name:  809FEFA8-57E0-4FEF-9912-B8E46BF2D196.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  39.3 KB

500 aggregate at 25 yards: Freestyle: 93, 5 in 20s: 91, 5 in 10s:61-2, SHO: 64-2, WHO: 69-3, Total: Pretty dismal 378-7 Lots of misses after a decent start.

Name:  7C815A42-BD8C-4F3A-8553-FDB50F04A3CA_1_105_c.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  36.0 KB

Advanced Supertest:
    First time I broke out the stages:
    15 yard: 10.9s, 0.80s splits, 86
    10 yard: 7.35s, 0.52s splits, 97 This is essentially "The Test"

Name:  B68D8F73-179B-4E35-901C-77484D8ECA43_1_105_c.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  35.1 KB

5 yard: 4.77s, 0.30s splits, 98

Name:  1A69B2B3-AB5B-4DF3-95C6-61645BB86C11_1_105_c.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  35.3 KB

Second run: 258 in 8.5s, 7.5s, 4.86s
    Slowed it down for Third run: 286 in 13.1s, 9.45s, 5.38s

Name:  076DA649-FDBD-47BD-B4CE-08DBC949B1D4_1_105_c.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  36.3 KB

Worked Garcia Dots at 7 yards and noticed that I immediately went to and preferred a target focus for this exercise. Not that it helped. Times from 7.5-5.5s after warm up. I think I could possibly clean this if the dots were 4" instead of 2"

Worked doubles to see how fast I could get myself working this trigger: Never really got faster than 0.30s. But I also notice that at that pace I am not having to muscle the gun all over, it just settles back in to place and I fire again and it all seems to happen at about the speed I can work the trigger. It's a kind of low stress kind of feeling and I like it.

Slowed down for some marksmanship worked singles, doubles, triples and quads on Finding Your Level. Untimed, just tried to try to make all the hits without stressing too much about the clock.

Name:  6D4AB37A-EAA8-40F3-85D9-16C4D1E5D160_1_105_c.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  38.8 KB

So for me this grip is a total win. I hope the Hogue overgrip has the same or even bigger circumference. Loving this gun now.

I checked the trigger weight after 500 rounds and at least 1000 dry pulls and it is still around 9.5lbs. My Langdon M9 came with a D spring and measures 7.5 after break in. I don't think this DXR is coming from the factory with a D spring. I had a bag with some PX4 D springs in it. They measured the same length as the spring that came out of the gun so I tried one and the trigger came down to 8lbs and feels identical to my old Police trade in D models and the M9.
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 10-27-2020 at 10:33 PM.

User Tag List