Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92D w/ 92X Grip

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Just curious, what kind of splits are y'all seeing?
    Last I timed myself with a D (not this one) it was around .35s on a B8 at 5 yds will keep it all in black. I split a Glock .20-.23s at this same target, so am not the quickest finger.
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 10-20-2020 at 07:32 PM.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Will ALS holsters fit this?
    Absolutely.

You really have no viable reason not to order one. Do it for those poor souls in Kalifornia who can not.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Absolutely.

You really have no viable reason not to order one. Do it for those poor souls in Kalifornia who can not.
    I’ve long thought about going to a DAO for duty. The P-07 is fantastic and I wish CZ had a good DAO/LEM/DAK option that had serious production numbers vs the few floating around from the military’s pistol trial.

With Beretta at least I’m getting a new production gun with serious factory support. It’s really tempting.

I put a Langdon 12# hammer spring into my 92Dx and it dropped the weight of pull considerably, but the pull still feels a bit rough compared to the DA pull on my Elite LTT Centurion. I suspect that replacing the polymer trigger with a steel unit, and the factory trigger bar with a Langdon Optimized trigger bar (for the improved geometry and surface hardening if nothing else) will go a long way to smoothing out the mechanism. That and a lot of dry firing.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Just curious, what kind of splits are y'all seeing?

Also, does anyone have a strong preference for the Vertec grip or the grip adapter?
    I have a 92X (not a D), but I never got used to the Vertec grip. It’s even more vertical than a 1911 and makes the grip feel unusually small.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    I have a 92X (not a D), but I never got used to the Vertec grip. It’s even more vertical than a 1911 and makes the grip feel unusually small.
    Does the wrap around grip improve this?

The G10 grips feel very close to a regular 92 frame. The rubber Hogue grips do not.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

The rubber Hogues that come with the M9A3 make the gun larger than a normal 92 and aren’t really a great solution. The one that come with the 92X are different and better, but probably still not a 1:1 match with normal 92 dimensions . I’d say the G10 sets are the best if a person wants a grip conversion. I look forward to conversions that match the “thin” panel 92 ergos.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    The G10 grips feel very close to a regular 92 frame. The rubber Hogue grips do not.
    I agree. While not a 92X I have the G10 wrap around grip on my M9A3 and it feels very much like a standard 92 grip. And it doesn't even look bad on my tan M9A3.
    20191112_160804 by craig stuard, on Flickr
    This shot shows how much difference there is.
    20200210_135430 by craig stuard, on Flickr

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    This shot shows how much difference there is.
    If I was proceeding down this road, I would almost certainly get out the wet sandpaper and a tub of water and slim down the lump at the top part of the back strap to blend the transition to the frame. But I'm just OCD that way.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List