Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92D w/ 92X Grip

Hammertime
    Picked up my Bud’s gun today. If the sight is canted my 51 yo eyes can’t see it. I asked the 20 yo kid who checked me out and he thought he could see a subtle tilt to the right. I looked again at home and still can’t see it.

I think this thing is the perfect 92. Beautiful visible front sight. Rail. DAO. Smooth long trigger pull with minimal grit or stacking that I can feel. Will see how the Vertec grip works for me but I see little to complain about in this gun.

I stupidly did not realize it comes with very nice Wilson rear sight and that the front is Tritium as well as orange. Both of those were nice surprises.

Highly recommended. I am glad I have another coming from Cove Creek, but I don’t feel like I overpaid for this Bud’s example.

Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    PSA: PSA also has them listed. Daily Deal for today.
    FYSA Cove Creek Outfitters (mentioned elsewhere in this thread and doing business on GB -- I ordered from them, but have no affiliation) has them out the door for $589. PSA is $100+ more unless I'm missing a code or something.

Would I be able to run a 22 upper on a d lower? Or be able to put a d hammer in a complete 22 m9?
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Hammertime
    Adding some more random thoughts after handling this thing last night and this am:

The sights are really much better than I expected.

Trigger 9.25# and will probably settle in around 8.5# with me doing nothing besides shooting it.

I have bought a lot of guns and few have over delivered, but I really feel this one has. I am very impressed with it, especially in the $600 range, but it is not terrible at $700 either.

I have quite a few 92s. I would sell this one last if I were selling (well this or the 92D Centurion).

A few strange thoughts, and not anything I recommend, but: I would be comfortable carrying this gun sans holster in a pinch. The slick sides only add to that ability. Just stuff it in a belt old school. Also, I can see the thing laying in a sock drawer for years loaded with 19 rounds. It is literally a 19 shot revolver in that way. No drop safety worries. No yanking the second light shot worries, no shooting faster than assessment worries, greatly diminished unintended discharge worries. I get that we are all too well trained for that stuff, but I have people in my life aren't and never will be.

Just curious, what kind of splits are y'all seeing?

Also, does anyone have a strong preference for the Vertec grip or the grip adapter?

I dry fired mine a bit last night. Really impressed with how steady the sights stay. I love the sights too. I have upgrades on their way:

Wilson Combat Trigger Bar/Tuning Kit
    WC Springs
    OEM oversized/extended mag release
    Lok Grips OD Green Bogies

I even found a WC Mag Guide in my parts bin last night looking for my spare x300u.

Even if this pistol doesn’t make the carry rotation I absolutely see it as a better nightstand gun than my G19.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    Will ALS holsters fit this?

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    I dry fired mine a bit last night. Really impressed with how steady the sights stay. I love the sights too. I have upgrades on their way:

Wilson Combat Trigger Bar/Tuning Kit
    WC Springs
    OEM oversized/extended mag release
    Lok Grips OD Green Bogies

I even found a WC Mag Guide in my parts bin last night looking for my spare x300u.

Even if this pistol doesn’t make the carry rotation I absolutely see it as a better nightstand gun than my G19.
    I put one of the WC Oversized Mag Releases on my M9. It mad a noticeable, positive difference in mag changes.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Yes any M9A1 or A3 Safariland will fit this.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Would I be able to run a 22 upper on a d lower? Or be able to put a d hammer in a complete 22 m9?
    Conversion upper shouldn't be a problem. I don't know about parts interchangeability between the 9mm and .22lr pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Yes. I have an ALS/SLS holster and the 92D locks in just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List