Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92D w/ 92X Grip

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Alphabet soup drives me insane

92D w/92X grip in Compact form, does this exist in factory configuration or no?

If so what alpa-numeric version am I looking for?
    No.

If you wanted to make one you'd need a 92D Centurion slide and you can put that on a compact frame and ditch the SA sear. I think it's that simple. Or buy a whole 92D Centurion and swap the DA guts too.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Vista461 View Post
    What sights are those?
    The rear is a Wilson.

Name:  20210323_125517.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  20.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    No.

If you wanted to make one you'd need a 92D Centurion slide and you can put that on a compact frame and ditch the SA sear. I think it's that simple. Or buy a whole 92D Centurion and swap the DA guts too.
    It is almost that simple. The non-D frames also have the decocker lever where the D-frames have just a spacer. So, ideally you would need to swap that out, but I don’t think it would really be necessary. I guess that lever might rattle around a bit since there’s no sear to hold it against the bottom of the slide. I’m not really sure if it could get in the way of anything.

If any of our favorite Beretta representatives are reading, I figured I’d share the Beretta 92 configuration of my dreams. A 92D compact configured as follows: LTT Elite Compact frame (M9A1 checkering, beveled magazine well, radiused trigger guard and beaver tail) but with a traditional non-railed dust cover and with Inox finish instead of Bruniton, Vertec slide with front serrations and Bruniton finish, stainless Elite Compact barrel like the LTT guns. I’m sure you guys would sell dozens!
    Last edited by WobblyPossum; 03-24-2021 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Clarity

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    If any of our favorite Beretta representatives are reading, I figured I’d share the Beretta 92 configuration of my dreams. A 92D compact configured as follows: LTT Elite Compact frame (M9A1 checkering, beveled magazine well, radiused trigger guard and beaver tail) but with a traditional non-railed dust cover and with Inox finish instead of Bruniton, Vertec slide with front serrations and Bruniton finish, stainless Elite Compact barrel like the LTT guns. I’m sure you guys would sell dozens!
    I would buy one. (I don't really care either way about the Inox or stainless barrel though.) It needs to have great sights.

Quote Originally Posted by oss117 View Post
    I would buy one. (I don't really care either way about the Inox or stainless barrel though.) It needs to have great sights.
    I’ve just always been a sucker for that ‘80s era, black-slide-stainless-frame two-tone look. After @Dagga Boy posted photos of the 92D compact he put together recently, I just knew I wanted one. His is pretty close except it’s got a railed dust cover, a fixed front sight, no front cocking serrations, and lacks the LTT radiusing. If Beretta even just releases a limited run of compacts of the same configuration as the full-size guns that spawned this thread, I’d still buy one and be happy about it though.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    And so it begins...

https://i.postimg.cc/sXLs82vP/20210122-100211.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/qqC4dd3P/20210122-100328.jpg

http://\https://i.postimg.cc/nMbZFwK...122-100727.jpg

A bit of everything here....vertec(frame &slide) dxr trigger and barrel/ recoil assembly from my brig tac that was lying around. Hopefully it all works together nicely.
    Is that a slide you had to buy from LTT?

I've got a 92X DAO that I'd want milled for a RDS. I read the FAQ and can't figure if it's possible. Says 92/96 D can't be milled, and the 92X Performance can't be milled, but nothing about the 92x D.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

@LangdonTactical wrote that it wouldn’t be possible to mill one of these 92DXR slides for a red dot yet, but in his reply he said that Brigadier slides had a different deck height. Since these are Vertec D slides and not Brigadier slides, I think there might have been some miscommunication.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    @LangdonTactical wrote that it wouldn’t be possible to mill one of these 92DXR slides for a red dot yet, but in his reply he said that Brigadier slides had a different deck height. Since these are Vertec D slides and not Brigadier slides, I think there might have been some miscommunication.

The Langdon RDO rig also replaces the firing pin to accommodate the changes to the firing pin block for the red dot plate. A D slide has its own firing pin rig and would then be its own animal for Langdon to do the work on. However, you CAN use the full slide if you buy one from Langdon on any D frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    The Langdon RDO rig also replaces the firing pin to accommodate the changes to the firing pin block for the red dot plate. A D slide has its own firing pin rig and would then be its own animal for Langdon to do the work on. However, you CAN use the full slide if you buy one from Langdon on any D frame.
    That makes sense. Thanks.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List