Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92D w/ 92X Grip

Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    I'd be interested in seeing that Hybrid... I have a spare PX4 .45 slide lying around right now...

As for this model, I can tell you that it will not be made in .40 at all.
    Sad about no mo fo oh

And the hybrid was me making a 45 Cougar upper work & fit on a 45 PX4 lower.

I made a thread about it on the Berettaforum https://berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=145528

Vending Machine Operator
    Saw this on Bud's the other day and thought I was seeing things. Very cool. As good as it gets for a revolver style trigger in a semi.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Does one use the standard TJIAB in the DAO variants? Does you need to mix/match parts? Or just buy LTT trigger bar and springs?
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Does one use the standard TJIAB in the DAO variants? Does you need to mix/match parts? Or just buy LTT trigger bar and springs?
    Actually, since the 92D has no sear or safety/decock levers, you really only need select TJIB components, best ordered a la carte from LTT. I'm thinking the LTT triggerbar, hammer strut, springs; an extended magazine release might also be desirable.

Best, Jon

When I was improving upon my 92D Centurion, I just ordered a plain NP3 TJIAB, and didn't install the sear. Everything came out great.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    The Wilson kit is $67 from Optics Planet. Includes trigger bar and an assortment of springs. Deburring and slicking up stuff so there isn't drag that shouldn't be there is all that should be needed beyond that.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Ernest has worked w/ a couple of D owners and can recommend exactly what you need. One thing I remember is that due to the one piece firing pin the D can generally use a 1# lighter hammer spring compared to a 92 w/ safety/decocker. I think a D w/ a few NP3 parts and an 11# spring would almost unbelievable. I know that the DA pull of my M9A1G IDPA pistol w/ the NP3 TJIB and 11# is almost unbelievable but I have to be real careful to keep it clean as it has about an 400 round life and then I start getting a few light strikes.

Standard capacity k frame has arrived

Name:  20201006_122836.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  31.2 KB

Name:  20201006_122844.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  26.5 KB

Vertec grip is different. Not bad or good but doesn't feel like a beretta. Trigger is smooth. Sights don't move in the few dry presses I've made. I'll do a real dry practice session tomorrow and get rounds down range this weekend.

Aside from some 18 round mec gars, an extended mag release, and g10 grips, i will probably leave it as is until next year. More thoughts over i actually get time with it tomorrow.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I also see 28 slide serrations (instead of 20) which means it's a "proper" D slide. I'm more happy than I should be to see that.
    It does add to the aesthetic of the D models. Which is part of the appeal for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Correctamundo! Knowing that these were coming is why I didn't send the 92D-LTT to Ernest.
    Has there been any confirmation about if LTT will mill these for RDO? The mod to the slide is more than just milling the slide. There are also patents pending on an adaptor plate, the modified safety plunger, firing pin, firing pin block, extractor pin, and G-Lever, which makes me think there could be an issue.
    <º))))>< (_(_(_) ><((((º>
    Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking.
    Eἰς ἀνήρ οὐδεί ἀνήρ

User Tag List