Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92D w/ 92X Grip

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    Is that a slide you had to buy from LTT?

I've got a 92X DAO that I'd want milled for a RDS. I read the FAQ and can't figure if it's possible. Says 92/96 D can't be milled, and the 92X Performance can't be milled, but nothing about the 92x D.
    Langdon RDO complete slide from three website. Just running it on a d lower so the g levers are there for show. But i do find them unobtrusive since they hide under the dot plate well.

First issue with the dxr.

I had been experiencing more frequent short stroking, or so I thought, but it only seemed to happen with my dxr and not my dao converted brig tac. Today during dry practice it started to happened more than I could tolerate and I was purposely coming completely off the trigger to let it reset and the issue still happened. I took the grips off and it seem the trigger bar isn't catching the hammer all of the time. I replaced the trigger bar spring (?? spring under the trigger bar) and it still happens, though it wasn't a brand new spring and has unknown mileage.

It will catch with a hard press/release but not every time. Common causes? I'll take the pistol down further when I have time. I'll order new trigger bar spring but figured I'd check and see what else I should replace and tack it on the order. Gun has 1k live and 2kish dry presses. I can not replicate it in my converted brig tac with triple the round count.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    First issue with the dxr.

I had been experiencing more frequent short stroking, or so I thought, but it only seemed to happen with my dxr and not my dao converted brig tac. Today during dry practice it started to happened more than I could tolerate and I was purposely coming completely off the trigger to let it reset and the issue still happened. I took the grips off and it seem the trigger bar isn't catching the hammer all of the time. I replaced the trigger bar spring (?? spring under the trigger bar) and it still happens, though it wasn't a brand new spring and has unknown mileage.

It will catch with a hard press/release but not every time. Common causes? I'll take the pistol down further when I have time. I'll order new trigger bar spring but figured I'd check and see what else I should replace and tack it on the order. Gun has 1k live and 2kish dry presses. I can not replicate it in my converted brig tac with triple the round count.

That will probably not happen with the slide on as the slide holds the hammer back just slightly to allow for the reset.

I had a similar issue with the trigger bar and it was caused by grunge on the right grip interfering with the trigger bar movement.

Put the slide on but leave the grip off and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    That will probably not happen with the slide on as the slide holds the hammer back just slightly to allow for the reset.

I had a similar issue with the trigger bar and it was caused by grunge on the right grip interfering with the trigger bar movement.

Put the slide on but leave the grip off and see what happens.
    And you're right. Still very weak. My dao covered brig tac will reset every time even with the slide off and more forcefully than the dxr. I wonder what is making the difference

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    And you're right. Still very weak. My dao covered brig tac will reset every time even with the slide off and more forcefully than the dxr. I wonder what is making the difference
    I think it would be the trigger bar and springs. Are you using the Wilson bar? The cost of that longer Wilson stroke is going to be less slop on the reset side of things.

Maybe Beretta made some changes similar to the Wilson bar or it is tolerance stacking, who knows?

My older D models certainly have much cleaner, lighter triggers than the modern ones for some reason.

I was certainly disappointed with the fact that the gun had to be decently clean with the Beretta Wrap around grip or the bar would hang up on it. No problems with the Hogues thus far. That exposed trigger bar seems a point of failure for the 92 platform I had not really considered.

Factory tb on both. My bt is old enough that the Wilson bar didn't exist if i remember correctly. I'll swap things and play around and see if there is an easy remedy to get them similar. Seems like there dxr's may have been leftover bin guns.

Going to ask an ignorant, idiotic question........

Is the trigger bar spring, actually riding in the groove, or along side of it?

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Going to ask an ignorant, idiotic question........

Is the trigger bar spring, actually riding in the groove, or along side of it?
    It's in the groove. I swapped it with two other springs to see if that was the culprit. But i imagine it would be an easy oversight.

I think we talked about this a few pages back. All of the people who checked their 92DXRs found the trigger bar would not engage the hammer with the slide off. I think it was mentioned as being caused by a change in frame tolerances. Maybe the wear from shooting and dry fire has affected the tolerances to the point where now it happens with the slide on.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

There was a thread on the b forum of similar happening. In that case having the slide off was the only time it occurred. As I remember the consensus was tolerance stacking. W/o the slide, the forward motion of the hammer is stopped when it hits the frame. W/ the slide on, the forward hammer motion stops when it hits the slide. The hammer forward motion affects where the hooks on the bottom of the hammer come to rest. If it goes too far forward, the hooks are too far back for the trigger bar to engage them. Of our 8 92s only one has a problem when the slide is off and it happens to be my M9A1 idpa gun so it gets a lot of use. There has never been a problem in normal operation. I would try different hammers and trigger bars to see if there is a combo that works. Otherwise I'd shorten the hooks on the hammer by a tiny amount. Hammer w/ DA hooks labeled.
    Hammer hooks by craig stuard, on Flickr
    How the trigger bar engages the hooks.
    20200223_083342 by craig stuard, on Flickr

User Tag List