Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92D w/ 92X Grip

Quote Originally Posted by Rev579 View Post
    Has there been any confirmation about if LTT will mill these for RDO? The mod to the slide is more than just milling the slide. There are also patents pending on an adaptor plate, the modified safety plunger, firing pin, firing pin block, extractor pin, and G-Lever, which makes me think there could be an issue.
    @LangdonTactical. Any thoughts on if this can be currently milled for your rdo?
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Thoughts after first dry practice session -

The vertec grip seems to let my grip slip low, feeling as if it tapers toward the magwell and wants to slip out of my hand, rather than sucking the web of my hand up into the beaver tail like I perceive with a normal beretta grip or cz. Once I shoot it live for a few sessions, I'll probably end up with the g10 conversion grips.

The sights are fine but the wilson is fairly sharp. At some point I may swap it for a Les Pep rear as I have on my previous beretta's. But they are adequate as they come, assuming poa/poi is correct.

Definitely need to grab an extended mag release.

Trigger is fine from the perspective of pull. I would like a bit stronger reset so a stronger trs may be in order. If I do a stronger trs I may play with hammer springs to balance the weight. A lot of time with DA/SA guns and strikers over the last few years allow short stroking if I'm not conscious of it. That will fix over time but I'd still prefer a strong reset regardless.

The slick slide and bobbed hammer are exceptional from carry perspective. No poking bits or anything to snag on clothes or cut hands etc...

The frame needs dehorned. I may consider sending it to Langdon for the carry bevel if he ends up doing the rdo for these. I've been spoiled with my last few Beretta's (brig tac and ltt) but the bottom of the trigger guard on this is sharp!!! Chews up my support hand and my glock knuckle a fair amount.

Oh, I almost forgot. I was concerned that the vertec frame would print more so than the standard 92 being that it has a point rather than the curve of the normal 92 grip. In part this is true, as the round standard grip lets my shirt drape and the vertec is a more defined pinpoint but not at all to the extent that it matters to me. I'm running it from a phlster floodlight at the moment and it conceals fine even with a tlr1 hanging off of it. No plans to get a new holster at the moment.

Certainly excited to get in some live fire with this gun and see what I can (or can't) do with it as opposed to more standard trigger systems. Nice to have a hammer to trap on reholstering again, paired with initial travel.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Hammertime
    Okay I caved and have one coming.

I need the best deal on the G10 grip from Beretta because I hate that rubber one and don't care for the Vertec grip either.

Any discount codes or best times to shop Beretta website?

Looks like that is a Vertec D slide, so LTT should be able to mill it for RDO. As for best trigger setup, my understanding is that for a D gun, you want to go with the Wilson trigger bar (lengthens the DA arc release point), a Cougar D hammer spring, and of course NP3 all the things (trigger bar, hammer, hammer pin, trigger pin).

What is the usual trigger weight on a 92D?

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    @LangdonTactical. Any thoughts on if this can be currently milled for your rdo?
    Not right now. It requires that we make a new firing pin and a different front sight along with a new plate for the Brigadier slide. You don't have those things made in small quantities, so it is not even close to the top of the list to throw money at that we may get back one day.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Okay I caved and have one coming.

I need the best deal on the G10 grip from Beretta because I hate that rubber one and don't care for the Vertec grip either.

Any discount codes or best times to shop Beretta website?
    Doc I am not even sure how I got on Beretta's email list but I am. I get 2-4 emails per week. Right now I have Monday's email offering 25% off if you spend over $150 for one day only. Todays is all about clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Not right now. It requires that we make a new firing pin and a different front sight along with a new plate for the Brigadier slide. You don't have those things made in small quantities, so it is not even close to the top of the list to throw money at that we may get back one day.
    That was my biggest concern, however I thought it would only be limited to the different firing pin. I didn't anticipate needing a different plate too. Bummer. I do get it, but I hoped it would have been less problematic. Thanks for clearing that up.
    <º))))>< (_(_(_) ><((((º>
    Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking.
    Eἰς ἀνήρ οὐδεί ἀνήρ

My example came in today but background checks are taking about a day and a half so I don't get to take it home yet.

For those wondering, it does NOT come with the G10 conversion grips, or any G10 grips like the 92X. Just the classic plastic Vertex grips.

The trigger on mine wasn't terrible bit it did stack a lot. Not a problem because I wasn't going to leave the factory hammer spring in it anyway. There's also a pretty good gap under the back of the rear sight and the slide. Other than being ugly I don't see it being a problem.

For $650 I am happy with it assuming I don't find any other issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Standard capacity k frame has arrived

Vertec grip is different. Not bad or good but doesn't feel like a beretta. Trigger is smooth. Sights don't move in the few dry presses I've made. I'll do a real dry practice session tomorrow and get rounds down range this weekend.

Aside from some 18 round mec gars, an extended mag release, and g10 grips, i will probably leave it as is until next year. More thoughts over i actually get time with it tomorrow.
    Any insight as to the finish on the slide? Bruniton?
    <º))))>< (_(_(_) ><((((º>
    Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking.
    Eἰς ἀνήρ οὐδεί ἀνήρ

User Tag List