Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92D w/ 92X Grip

I got two copies of this recently. Some interesting work from Gallatin on one of them. It had a sear installed and frame bushings are not staked. I noticed it because one of them had a grittier and heavier trigger than the other. I suspected a sear was installed unnecessarily and was right. Then I noticed 2 of the grip bushings had come loose just from removing the grips and a 3rd was able to be loosened with just my fingers. I removed the sear but not sure what to do about the frame bushings. I see that Brownell's sells a staking tool for this that replicates the staking from the factory. Or is this a task better done by the factory?

Site Supporter
    @FreedomFries - I'd have the factory fix it. They need to know it went out like that and it's on them to make it right.

Double checked mine. No Sears.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Double checked mine. No Sears.
    Any Roebucks?

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Any Roebucks?
    Way to date yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Hey,

Was the wonky front sight just the one gun or is it common on this? I want to order one but don't want to if funky front sight is common.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Hey,

Was the wonky front sight just the one gun or is it common on this? I want to order one but don't want to if funky front sight is common.
    There are several here with tilted front sights, mine included. It didn't affect my poi though, surprisingly. So it only matters from an aesthetics/ vision perspective and at least in my case wasn't a big deal.

Of the three that I have, only one has a slightly tilted front sight, and that tilt did not affect the operation of the gun because the front sight is a "drive the dot" style sight. I can see the tilt when focusing on the top edge of the front sight; but, on the range, when focusing on the dot, I didn't notice it.

And so it begins...

A bit of everything here....vertec(frame &slide) dxr trigger and barrel/ recoil assembly from my brig tac that was lying around. Hopefully it all works together nicely.

It's to bad those decock levers have to be there. It should work though.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

User Tag List