Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92D w/ 92X Grip

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Haha, went to the LGS to plop money down on it today and the line was about "eff no" people long. Still, I don't think any of those people are interested in a DAO Beretta, so it may yet come over to the fold.

Although I walked right past a curious looking revolver that pegged the interest meter. A 586 with a 3" barrel, shortened grip and compensator. Starting to wonder if I can convince the fiancee just to hit the courthouse with me
    The new 586 L Comp? That and the 19 Carry Comp definitely interest for revolvers. Maybe if they could take a light and an optic....

@jetfire is running an ACRO on one of those 586 L-Comps.

http://instagram.com/p/CGnlLa7pwzF/
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Hi, new to the site. I actually found out about this pistol from stumbling on this discussion here.

On the 92 Series, are the slides interchangeable between F and D types? I'm asking if I can purchase this and install the slide onto a standard 92FS? I have been holding out for a new 92D for years, but I hate the Vertex/X grip. I think in today's market I could sell a 92 with Safety and X grip easily enough and recoup my costs of buying two pistols to make one. Thanks.

And yes, I'm too picky to use the wrap around add-on grip panels.

Quote Originally Posted by jesemd View Post
    Hi, new to the site. I actually found out about this pistol from stumbling on this discussion here.

On the 92 Series, are the slides interchangeable between F and D types? I'm asking if I can purchase this and install the slide onto a standard 92FS? I have been holding out for a new 92D for years, but I hate the Vertex/X grip. I think in today's market I could sell a 92 with Safety and X grip easily enough and recoup my costs of buying two pistols to make one. Thanks.

And yes, I'm too picky to use the wrap around add-on grip panels.
    Yes, you can easily put a D slide on a standard FS, but you might want to address the SA function of the FS frame. You would also need to address the lack of a sear(and other SA parts) on the 92XDR frame if you put a FS slide on it. It's simple enough, but it comes with a set of challenges that have to be addressed.
    <º))))>< (_(_(_) ><((((º>
    Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking.
    Eἰς ἀνήρ οὐδεί ἀνήρ

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev579 View Post
    Yes, you can easily put a D slide on a standard FS, but you might want to address the SA function of the FS frame. You would also need to address the lack of a sear(and other SA parts) on the 92XDR frame if you put a FS slide on it. It's simple enough, but it comes with a set of challenges that have to be addressed.

You can just pop the sear out of the FS frame and slap the D slide on it with no issue. I bet the D frame still has the pocket and pin hole for the sear so you could probably just put the sear right in that.

Running the FS frame with the D slide without removing the Sear will give you a DA/SA with no safe way to decock.

When converting an FS frame to D, how important is it to remove the little decocking lever in the frame that’s replaced with a spacer in a normal D model?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Just got my second gun in from Buds. It's serial number is 634 higher than the first one I received, and the front sight on this gun is aligned correctly. Trigger pull is heavy and stacks, but a Langdon 12# hammer spring and dry firing should fix that. Here it is along with my first 92D-X, which has a new LTT 4.7" stainless barrel installed along with a Beretta stainless guide rod. That combination added about .8oz up front and makes the gun balance nicely. Think I might need a second LTT barrel when they come back in stock...

Last edited by oregon45; 11-19-2020 at 10:42 PM.

Hammertime
    I went ahead and got another Hogue Checkered G10 wrap around for the DXR and took off the plastic wrap around. At the same time I installed a 14# spring instead of the 13#.

Tested it today with 135 rounds of Wolf Polyformance ammo. This stuff never fails to have a light primer most of the time. It all fired zero problems, and I realized I still really like shooting DAO. Maybe that is because I suck shooting fast, but it works great at 25 yards, or as well as I can shoot, and up close at 7 yards, I am doing 3.9s Bill Drills and 3.0s Failures to stop. No idea what the par for those should be but the rhythm works just fine with this gun.

Name:  2772BE0F-C674-4639-8E8F-4CEDB0443BFA.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  35.4 KB

Name:  1AF38F6E-B4D3-4754-93D4-B23AC16F2E53.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  21.7 KB

So I think I have the final configuration for this for me: Hogue Checkered Wrap Around with 14# spring and pretty much nothing else. DA trigger is 8.25#.

I’m torn between the LTT barrel or threaded to run a comp.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    When converting an FS frame to D, how important is it to remove the little decocking lever in the frame that’s replaced with a spacer in a normal D model?
    Function wise, it's no matter. However, upon converting one of my DA/SA 92's to DAO, I noticed a hitch in the reset at the normal spot of reset for single action. I'm not sure if one of the remaining parts from the DA/SA configuration is the culprit or not.

User Tag List