Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Safariland 7TS RDS vs 6390

Safariland 7TS RDS vs 6390

Anyone have any input on the newer 7TS RDS holsters vs 6390? I currently use the 6390 and love it except for the shroud keeps popping open on its own. The 7TS shroud definitely looks better designed, but I haven't seen that many positive things about the older 7TS holsters.

Hi Risk Customer Services
    I can't speak from personal experience, but I have seen some posts on Instagram from either GCS Training or Centrifuge Training posting about one of the new 7TS RDS models breaking in a class. I have a 7TS (Non-RDS) that I use for range/admin wear and have no issues with it. I still like the robustness of the 6360 series though.

I have a friend who bought the 7TS RDS for duty/tactical team use and he has been very happy with it overall, but hasn't really tested it harshly. If CBP is willing to adopt the 7TS RDS I think that is a pretty good sign. Those dudes snap HK's in half.

I can't speak to the 7390RDS durability as the holster hasn't left the house yet. I've noticed in dry fire that the ALS lever seems better positioned on the 7TS than my 6379 - it seems positioned higher on the holster body and easier to disengage on the draw. I think this picture shows how much higher than ALS seems positioned on the 7390 (far right) - on the 6379 the ALS lever seems even with the shroud, whereas on the 7390 it is the highest point on the holster. Personally I've found the 6379 just about requires the OTB nub for me to reliably disengage the ALS (not an issue for me with either the 6354DO or the 7390RDS).
    Name:  IMG_8008.jpg
Views: 5899
Size:  101.7 KB
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 10-07-2020 at 09:39 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    God please smite that factory cant that Safailand insists on using....

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    God please smite that factory cant that Safailand insists on using....
    Safariland has three ways around the silly cant now, if you are interested. They have a "cubl" a "vubl" and a "qubl (a QLS mount)" all of which allow the holster to be mounted pretty much vertically if you so desire. I think they are new enough that you may need to get them directly from safariland.

I have tried out all three and am currently using a Qubl on a duty belt.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by jd950 View Post
    Safariland has three ways around the silly cant now, if you are interested. They have a "cubl" a "vubl" and a "qubl (a QLS mount)" all of which allow the holster to be mounted pretty much vertically if you so desire. I think they are new enough that you may need to get them directly from safariland.

I have tried out all three and am currently using a Qubl on a duty belt.
    I thank you, brother. Picked up samples of all 3 at SHOT. Using the CUBL on my duty belt right now, and a QLS canted neutral on my training/teaching belt (for running different holster/gun combos). Thank you, though. I just wish they'd realize that 90% of the universe would prefer a more neutral cant.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    I thank you, brother. Picked up samples of all 3 at SHOT. Using the CUBL on my duty belt right now, and a QLS canted neutral on my training/teaching belt (for running different holster/gun combos). Thank you, though. I just wish they'd realize that 90% of the universe would prefer a more neutral cant.
    Not sure if they don't realize or just don't care since they pretty much have the market to themselves. Since I carry an older gun, the small competitors like Blackhawk and Aliengear are of no use to me, so I am at the mercy of Safariland.

I am grateful for the new UBLs, though.

Does anyone know if you can use a G19 with a TRL 1-HL in a 6390RDS for a G17 with the same light? I’ve heard you cannot because of excessive vertical movement.

I've heard multiple reports of 7TS holsters breaking, empty, when landed on or from suffering similar impacts. Enough reports that I'm not likely to buy one.

User Tag List