Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Not too happy with Aguila ammo...

2k going through a class tomorrow in a M&P9 and G17. We will report back failures.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    AKA: SkyLine1

We have plenty of Aguila brass at our place in CO if you want to make a road trip.

Attachment 1068
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I pay $25 per thousand of once fired mixed headstamp, tumbled and cleaned locally.

I think driving out to CO, picking it up, throwing it in the truck, driving back to VA, tumbling, sorting, etc might drive that cost up just a tad beyond what I am paying now.

Thanks for the offer though. It was tempting. Until it turned up in COLORADO!!!!!

Besides, it is cold there.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have shot over 20,000 rounds of Aguila 124 just in 2012, and can't remember a single bad round. Just bought another 8,000 rounds last week. It has been accurate, reliable and clean -- is my favorite practice ammo.

I had a problem with a bad round of AE 115 ball, similar to what ou experienced, in the one case of 1,000 of that load that I have shot this year.
    I bought some on your recommendation a while back, worked well in my Glock.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

2 FTFire in M&P9 2nd strike = bang
    Light primer strike.

1 mag out stovepipe (glock g17)
    1 live & 1 dry fire drill mag removed.

1800 rounds expended.

I'm still happy with the ammo. Might try the S&B 124 for giggles next.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    AKA: SkyLine1

Had my first issue with Aguila 124 gr. today. Didn't take a picture, but the case length was slightly too long, and didn't allow the gun to properly return to battery. The OAL and location of the cannelure of the round was the same as all other rounds that fed properly. Sticker inside the box said "05-HZ-3 300312013 *ASS*" which I presume is the lot number or something. First issue I've had thus far out of the 2750 rounds of it that I've tried using.

22lr

Ran 150 rounds though my 10-22 and mossberg plinker, not a sinlge missfire or problem. Shot from 25 - 100 yards. Wasn't the primer fed stuff. Was still pricey by my standards ar $8.99/50, but shot well nonthless.

I had a squib with the 124gr 9mm a few weeks ago.

Aguila 9mm 124 gr. ammo

4.5K thru an STI 5.0 Tactical, a Glock G19, G17, and G34 and a few thru a G26 . . . . zero malfunctions.

User Tag List