Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not too happy with Aguila ammo...

TAP steel cased?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by JConn View Post
    Wouldn't that be your ejector messing with the brass?
    That's what I had assumed. Just one of those "new to me" things.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    That happens with every type of ammo.

Keep up the good work in your research to get the gun dirty.....
    Thanks.

That's all I needed to know. In that case, nothing unusual about the 3150 rounds of Aguila I've fired at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Crimped primer pockets?
    Yeah.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

While I have had great luck with Aguila ammo, over 30,000 rounds of it thru Glock and M&P pistols, I just had two stoppages with Aguila 124 ball in a P30 -- both failures to eject. This is my back-up P30, and last weekend I shot 1,000 rounds of AE 147 and 350 rounds of Aguila through my number 1 P30 without a single issue.

Can't remember when I cleaned this P30, so I just did, but it makes me wonder if Aguila and the P30 are not a perfect match?

On the suggestion of this forum I bought some Aguila 124 when it was all the rage, finally broke into the first case at AFHF with zero issues (when I started with a loaded gun or full mag).
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

And I'll gladly help you guys offset your costs by taking any 9mm Aguilla brass off your hands.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

I am thinking that we may have a bad case of Aguila, because my wife's G17 started to fail to lock back with the same ammo this afternoon. Her pistol was flawless with another case of Aguila and a case of AE 147 thru Todd's class this past weekend.

Yeah, sounds like a bad batch of ammo.

Better send it down here for a second opinion.

I had a few failures to extract shooting Aguila through my P30.
    None locked down as tight as yours, but I remember at least one required a couple good yanks on the slide to extract it.
    I think there's just something about the combination of Aguila brass and the P30 stepped chamber that doesn't always work as designed.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

The last case I bought was flawless. I just picked up another one to take to class. If there's any bad ammo in it it'll show up there.
    I do my best proofreading after I hit "Send"

User Tag List