Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not too happy with Aguila ammo...

I'll give you $5 bucks for it.............
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    4 issues out of 1800 rds. All the same issue. Maybe just a bad lot mixed in?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    4 issues out of 1800 is pretty significant. I'd fully vet the gun before I dismiss it as a bad lot of ammo, especially since that gun has had problems before this 1800 rounds. You got a case of malfunction amnesia, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    I'll give you $5 bucks for it.............
    For the empty shell casings? Sure

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

I'll take those too.............
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

My offer is $6.00, minus a 95 cent service charge
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

My only experience with Aguila is limited to a single box of .45ACP. I learned enough in that box that I won't be buying any.

Bullet seat depth varied so much that upon first glance I thought they had actually forgotten to press a bullet into some of the casings. There was probably .010" variation in seat depth (I didn't have dial calipers at the time, and have since shot up the ammo.)... it was very noticeable, and very unnerving. It worked fine in a cheap Rock Island 1911, but their quality control seemed questionable at best.

Just happened to remember: the only thing that made me raise my eyebrow a little bit with the Aguila is that when I finally did clean my gun after a 2KRC, there were tiny brass-colored flakes everywhere inside the gun. Not sure if they came off the cases being ejected or if it's something in the power Aguila uses, but it's not something I'd encountered before.

Then again, that could be because I'd never let a gun get that dirty before, too.

Quote Originally Posted by jslaker View Post
    Just happened to remember: the only thing that made me raise my eyebrow a little bit with the Aguila is that when I finally did clean my gun after a 2KRC, there were tiny brass-colored flakes everywhere inside the gun. Not sure if they came off the cases being ejected or if it's something in the power Aguila uses, but it's not something I'd encountered before.

Then again, that could be because I'd never let a gun get that dirty before, too.
    Wouldn't that be your ejector messing with the brass? I had that a bit with some American Eagle. I have not encountered that with Aguila yet, and my gun right now is over 2k without cleaning. It is cheap ammo though, I'll give you a good price.
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by jslaker View Post

That happens with every type of ammo.

Keep up the good work in your research to get the gun dirty.....

In all seriousness, for the price of Aguilla, I will accept 4 out of 1k rounds that have an issue. I buy cases of it at the LGS because they have some steals on it every so often. Since the majority of the 9mm I get from work is virtually un-reloadable, and the price, availability, and reliability (relative of course) of Aguilla is what it is............ a .004% issue percentage is something I can live with. I've has plenty of American made ammo that can't claim that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    Since the majority of the 9mm I get from work is virtually un-reloadable
    Crimped primer pockets?
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

User Tag List