Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SA Model 2020 Waypoint

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    That rifle, with a 16 or 18" barrel option for use with a can, would be very tempting.
    My thoughts exactly....
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Honest question; seems like this would be considered in the same light as the Springfield Saint line of AR stuff. You guys seem stoked by it. I’m more likely to spend the same or less and get a Tikka CTR and a KRG chassis. Just wondering what I’m missing? Again, not bashing, I’m just thinking it’s a new (unproven) product from a 1911 company. I’m definitely not judging the product although I can hear the abrasive tone as I’m writing this. You guys make this sound like a great new release coming from an established long-range company like Tikka, etc. It seems like even the more budget options like Savage, Howa, et al have more of a track record. //wetblanket
    100% agreed. I am not really a bolt gun guy so maybe I just don't get it but I don't know why I would spend that kind of money on a brand new product from a company that has never made a bolt gun before when the are other options from highly regarded companies that seem to do the same thing for less. I mean Tikka isn't really a "budget" gun but it seems to do all this gun can do for less money.
    Last edited by mrozowjj; 10-20-2020 at 12:15 AM.

Springfield has made a few bolt guns. Like 3 million of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1903_Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    Springfield has made a few bolt guns. Like 3 million of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1903_Springfield
    But that's not the same Springfield Armory. One was a real armory. This one uses the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    But that's not the same Springfield Armory. One was a real armory. This one uses the name.
    Exactly!

There are a lot of people fooled by the name.

It. Is. Not. The. Same. Company.

Following the closure of the U.S. Army Springfield Armory in 1968, the L. H. Gun Co. of Devine, Texas, was renamed Springfield Armory, Inc. to capitalize on the name recognition. There is no affiliation or licensing between the original Springfield Armory and Springfield Armory, Inc., despite a timeline on the commercial website of the latter that includes the history of the former. The company's products include M1911 pistols and the M1A rifle series.

Site Supporter
    Yeah, I wasn’t even going to bite off on it!!

A lot of rifle for the money? The MSRP is $2200.

--Bighorn Origin or Defiance Tenacity Action: $825 or $885
    --Pick Your Favorite Barrel: Let's Just Say $500
    --Triggertech Diamond: $300
    --KRG Bravo Chassis: $350

Total comes to $1975-$$2035. I'm not impressed by this gun at all. It would be interesting at $1000-$1200.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    A lot of rifle for the money? The MSRP is $2200.

--Bighorn Origin or Defiance Tenacity Action: $825 or $885
    --Pick Your Favorite Barrel: Let's Just Say $500
    --Triggertech Diamond: $300
    --KRG Bravo Chassis: $350

Total comes to $1975-$$2035. I'm not impressed by this gun at all. It would be interesting at $1000-$1200.
    That’s with the CF barrel. The normal one is $1700 MSRP, and I would expect street to settle in considerably lower.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

How hard is it to make a bolt gun? I mean they make an action and barrel, buy everything else and slap it together.

I started out with Remington and wouldn't buy a new one now if I had to. I'm liking my Kimber Montana's and they were a 1911 company, even bought a Bergara that was too cheap to pass on and it got me to 1000 yards just fine. I think SA saw a market and decided to jump in with everyone else. I like what they've done here and if they shoot, why not?

User Tag List