Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Micro Chest Rigs

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Who's running a mini/micro rig, like the Ferro Chesty, Spiritus Micro fight, Spiritus Bank Robber, Haley D3CRM, or similar? What role does it fill for you, and what are you loading it with?
    I seem to remember one (or more) of our members here recommending a bandolier, like the Blue Force Gear one, instead of some sort of chest rig. I don't remember the argument for it, but it seemed logical at the time.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    What are you looking to do with it? What do you plan to carry on it?

Of the ones on your list, I have the Bank Robber which is great for just carrying mags while training or for a grab and go type of thing. I would buy another in a heartbeat but Spiritus seems to think the SupDef business model is a good one where they do limited drops every six months so I've given up trying to find another in stock.
    I'm thinking of a scalable, easy to throw in a pack, versatile unit to carry a couple of rifle mags and maybe TQ/meds. Mostly in a lo-vis, under a jacket, role. I have a Unity Clutch, which works well, too. I have a battle belt that can support a rifle/pistol. I also have hard and soft armor, which are both slick, and maybe could utilize the placard type versatility of these systems.

So, as a non-LE civilian, I'm just looking for better ideas and seeing what others are doing with theirs

Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post
    I started casually chest rig shopping just before the pandemic kicked off. Unfortunately, most of the decent micro-style rigs have become all but unobtainable. The pandemic, panic buying, airsofters, and a business model revolving around "drops" (where you've got about 2 minutes after a restock to get all your items in your cart and checkout) have made it pretty difficult.

A buddy of mine recently picked up the Underground Partisan chest rig from Gadsden Dynamics. It seems similar in design to the Spiritus Bank Robber, but can be used as a PC placard.
    https://www.gadsdendynamics.com/coll...isan-chest-rig
    (Incidentally, this one is currently sold-out as well)
    Never seen those before, but I got on the email notification list.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I'm thinking of a scalable, easy to throw in a pack, versatile unit to carry a couple of rifle mags and maybe TQ/meds. Mostly in a lo-vis, under a jacket, role. I have a Unity Clutch, which works well, too. I have a battle belt that can support a rifle/pistol. I also have hard and soft armor, which are both slick, and maybe could utilize the placard type versatility of these systems.

So, as a non-LE civilian, I'm just looking for better ideas and seeing what others are doing with theirs
    You can definitely get by with something like the Bank Robber under a jacket with mags and a TQ, but once you start adding Danglers and Donglers or whatever they're calling them for IFAKs I don't think that is really gonna be feasible under a jacket.

Med kit necessities are individual/family dependent once you get outside of the things to stop bleeding. Inhalers and epi pens are must haves for us so it just works better to have all the med stuff in a small backpack.

Site Supporter
    Something like a sneaky bag is also worth considering. I don't use mine much, but I think it's a well laid out bag to pair with a rifle.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Timely thread for @Duke to come in and show us his recent work reloading from a bag.

I have a Ferro Chesty. It's got a couple of BFG Ten-Speed Dapper Pouches slapped on the front - https://www.blueforcegear.com/single...n-speed-dapper - Holding two spare mags for the Rattler. /End

No other kit, nothing else hanging off of it. It slides into the computer storage compartment of the backpack holding my Rattler. If I have time/ability/etc, I could pull it out and put it on. With the two Dapper pouches on it, it's low profile enough to fit underneath my summer-weight concealment vest and certainly under any winter jacket.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Timely thread for @Duke to come in and show us his recent work reloading from a bag.
    I'd be interested in this, as well. I've been reconsidering the Bump in the Night Bag concept lately. Although I have the standard LARPy battle belt and plate carrier setups ready to go, I think the idea is more practical and flexible in the context of home defense when something is going on and no violent threat has been identified, but you still want to be prepared without drawing unnecessary attention.

An RDRgear.com chest rig has been on my wishlist for a bit. It's esentially a spiritus with divided front pouch. But unless I'm planning to get into 2 gun matches, or take a rifle course it isn't likely to really get used. It just doesn't fit in my most likely defense scenerios. But I still would like one for the range and preparedness in general.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I’ve been a proponent of this style chest rig for over a decade, starting back with the Eagle M4LE rigs (that mine is designed to copy but also further reduce bulk).
    I have the Eagle and yep that Grunt Gear one looks real similar! Never understood why the Eagle was discontinued -- I LOVE mine! Looks like Grunt has 2 less PALS row on the wing panels to get that tapered line, and then no Kydex inserts?

I got the Eagle before plate carriers were as much of a "thing" as they are now, so I suppose in that regard it's lacking, but for me I just use it for fun gun game stuff so it's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by 757_Magnum View Post
    I'd be interested in this, as well. I've been reconsidering the Bump in the Night Bag concept lately. Although I have the standard LARPy battle belt and plate carrier setups ready to go, I think the idea is more practical and flexible in the context of home defense when something is going on and no violent threat has been identified, but you still want to be prepared without drawing unnecessary attention.
    The bag is only okay imo. If it’s all you had itd be okay but it’s slow and awkward compared to some other kind of system

Active shooter bag is much more storage than use imo

BTW: I went through pretty much every micro rig on the market circa June 2020.

And basically came to the following conclusions:

The "modularity" of most rigs is overblown for a dude who doesn't move between a plate carrier and low profile regularly.

I went with the Chesty for one main reason it's basically just a loop Velcro field with straps attached. And Dapper pouches are just hookside pouches. If I hadn't had Dappers on hand, the Underground Partisan Chest Rig seems like the best deal out there for a simple low profile micro rig.

User Tag List