Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Micro Chest Rigs

Micro Chest Rigs

Quote Originally Posted by 23JAZ View Post
    I was thinking of using a micro rig like those mentioned here for a class I am running my CZ Scorpion in. Does this type of rig impede an AWIB draw?
    Vertex/Unity Clutch belt would work great for that instead of a chest rig.

https://vertx.com/tactical-clutch-belt
    Use code VTXMFS30 till midnight tonight for 30% off.

Can still set up holster AIWB and rock on.

I ran one in a Green Ops 2 day rifle course with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post

Did these things get way cheaper when they started working with Vertx? I’m pretty sure I paid way more for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Did these things get way cheaper when they started working with Vertx? I’m pretty sure I paid way more for mine.

Yes. There are two versions being sold right now, at two different price points. I can't say with any authority exactly what the difference is (just that your observation is correct).

https://www.unitytactical.com/product/clutch-belt/

(note that I picked the manufacturers example - both can be found through various vendors at close to the prices listed on those sites)
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

I have no experience (or financial interest) in it, but the "Dank Robber" chest rig was getting some buzz a few months ago.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post

I keep a CLUTCH under my bed for things that go bump in the night. I also know some squared away dudes who wear BFG Ten Speed pouches on duty (plain clothes) so they can throw on a CLUTCH or battle belt over them and they collapse flat.

I keep one of these in my work vehicle as an active shooter kit. Everything I need and nothing I don’t.

https://www.helikon-tex.us/training-mini-rig-tmr.html

Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    Yes it does, at least for a Shivworks style AIWB draw where keeping the gun from “floating” off of your body during the draw until you’re ready to extend to the number 4 position is paramount. There are ways around it, but if you have already preprogrammed thousands of reps worth of AIWB draws, and only occasionally use a chest rig, it’s not worth the hassle of trying to reprogram.

If I’m using a chest rig, concealment is of diminished priority, and thus I wouldn’t bother carrying AIWB in such circumstances.

But if I just want an extra mag or two for a rifle or PCC on me, I see no reason to bother with even a micro chest rig. I’ll just carry the extra mags in easy on/off belt pouches. That way I can still carry and draw AIWB, the exact same way I do 99.9% of the time if I’m carrying something other than a pocketed J-frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Most guys I know in the .gov who run plates concealed run strong side hip OWB usually for that very reason, especially when seated in vehicles for long periods of time. Appendix just isn't practical in that scenario.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple Syrup Actual View Post
    For quite a while I used a rig that was very similar to these, although I assembled it myself. It was a BFG rig with, I think, a TT or maybe maxpedition? admin pack on one side which held FAK stuff mostly, a tourniquet it the middle, and then a double AR mag shingle, with BFG elastic AR double overtop. With two mags in the shingle it sat really flat, but you could put another two mags in the elastic pouches if you were doing stuff that made it inconvenient to keep running back and grabbing mags.

Only reason I stopped using it was I lost it during a vehicle break-in while moving. It was my primary rig and did everything I needed except carry plates, which thankfully never mattered.

Attachment 61163

After this pic I slapped a FAK cross on the admin kit to ID it. Also an 80s-colour palette patch that said "Uzis, Floozies and Jacuzzis" that I really miss.
    I have a BFG RACK Minimus like that one in coyote with a split front that I picked up on clearance a few years back. 99% of the time I have water, lunch, rangefinder, ammomcard if shooting centerfire, and IFAK. If I change gears from still hunting to spot and stalk I can dump my day pack and move. I really like the "Line" divisions for gear.

My 1st Line is pockets, normally in Multicam OCPS. Map, compass, GPS watch, snacks, ID, Tags, car keys, balaclava, mittens, folding knife, snacks, firemaking stuff, racing spoon. Suppressed.22. Rifle or muzzle loader with at least two reloads.

2nd Line is my Rack. Water, food, ammo, rangefinder, earpro. Normally enough for me to hunt 12-16 hours and spend the night away from camp. Likely a cold wet night.

3rd line is my camp stuff. Kifaru ruck. 5-7 days worth of food. Hammock with required gear. I have a detachable daysack with more food, water, game bags.

4th line is in the car. Cooler with more food and water.

The other 1% of the time my RACK is used for classes with BFG 10-Speed mag pouches for pistol and rifle. A blowout kit. If I am teaching I will loan it to a needy student, as while I like to demo, I like to teach slick when I can, jocked up when I have to. If I am going to a shooting school take it with me, but don't always wear it. I'll carry it and set it on the ground behind the line. Unless it is a tactics course that requires me to be jocked up.

pat

Quote Originally Posted by 23JAZ View Post
    I was thinking of using a micro rig like those mentioned here for a class I am running my CZ Scorpion in. Does this type of rig impede an AWIB draw?
    See what nalesq and SouthNarc said.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List