Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Research on Ready Positions

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    The truly sad part is that the "Protecting the Dignity of Suspects" stuff comes from.....our very own chief. That is entirely his initiative. He has become very vocal about LE practices being based in racism, lately. Basically told a bunch of cops at a station meeting a few weeks back "If you don't like it....theres the door." Way to help retention efforts, boss.
    ... When you force the passionate and dedicated out the door you hire the people who will do the job those people won’t.

That choice damns the public to poor performance. The good cops who lose their jobs or leave will be casualties and that is horrible. The larger number of the public who will suffer will be worse.

I’m so sorry for what you are dealing with and I know that we may be there too...

Site Supporter
    If we can't get some control of this mess, I see a nasty process of a return to the corrupt, inept, uneducated and overly violent cops that we all sought to replace. They're going to take over as the "$8/hour Security Guard" quality that will fill the ranks when the rest of us are gone..
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    The truly sad part is that the "Protecting the Dignity of Suspects" stuff comes from.....our very own chief. That is entirely his initiative. He has become very vocal about LE practices being based in racism, lately. Basically told a bunch of cops at a station meeting a few weeks back "If you don't like it....theres the door." Way to help retention efforts, boss.
    Can't believe he's coming to station meetings.

He obviously cares more about the "dignity of suspects" than he does his own troops. Why even show up to defend idiotic policies?

That would be my first question at one of these "meetings". Also, his "there's the door" statement is indicative of a childish answer to a serious issue. While not knowing this person, I'll venture to guess that "true leadership" is not his strong point.

But then again, I'm the most senior patrol officer at my city so that affords one to know how far to push things. If some policy change or way of conducting business needs to change....and there's a good reason that can be articulated to me by admin...then I'll comply if it's just minutia and not something that may cost me my life.

Coming up with some feel good initiative that puts cops at risk? Not having it.

Regards.

User Tag List