Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Armenia-Azerbaijan conflict thread

Quote Originally Posted by VT1032 View Post
    Facts. The largest economy in europe currently fields a ground army of around 60,000, and they aren't unusual in that regard. The euros stopped seriously funding defense a long time ago and it would seem ukraine was a rude awakening for many of them. Taken as a whole though, the combined EU militaries would pretty clearly outmatch the Russians. The question is whether the euros could play nice, unify leadership and integrate enough to fight as a cohesive force.

That said, I don't seriously think the Russians are currently in a spot to make a run on the fulda gap. They'd get about as far as Poland before they got their peepee slapped good, but I don't think they're dumb enough to try that. They've developed some really nice toys lately but they don't have the money to field them in any large scale numbers currently. There are some areas they could give us real trouble (ie. artillery, the vast majority of their tube and mlrs systems outrange ours) but overall I think currently the most they would try to bite off is limited interventions like in syria or meddling in neighboring countries a la ukraine. One thing I'll give them credit for is they seem to be using their recent combat experience very well to fine tune their military for a real fight and work the bugs out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Their AA platforms are also cause for concern. I don’t expect them to make large maneuvers and annex entire countries, what I was talking about happens over time. They’ve been successful enough so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Azerbaijan military releases Moto heavy metal video amid clash with Armenia

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Azerbaijan military releases Moto heavy metal video amid clash with Armenia

Is this like a rap battle? Can we expect an answer from the Armenian pop stars? Cringeworthy is too nice a term for this.

For what it's worth, The Caspian Report is one of my favorite geopolitical analysis YouTube channels. Here are links to a few of his videos on the subject. Note: I seem to recall Shirvan is Azerbaijani.

User Tag List