Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Presidential Debate

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Not originally my idea, but I strongly agree:

1. Election Day should be a national holiday.
    2. Election Day should shortly follow tax day.
    inauguration/induction of new/replacement members should be the day after election day as well. none of this near 2 month lame duck shit.
    also voting ID should be required, and you should have to pass a basic knowledge test, like who's running, what "party" they're in, and their gender (there's only 2 choices. ) maybe a question or two on "the Constitution, Motherfucker!"

if I have to provide 6 forms of ID, blood and stool samples, and have a proctological exam BEFORE i'm allowed on a plane with a 0.000000001% chance of blowing up due to a suicide bomber, I think the least people should be require to do is provide some proof they're allowed and capable of voting "intelligently", given their's a 50/50 chance they'll fuck things up for 340+ million people (never mind the cascade effect across the world.)

/rant
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

President Harris clarifies Joe's remark on fracking.

So, got it? All those other times Joe is on video stating he is going to ban fracking are wrong. Move along. Nothing to see.

/sarc

I'd also like to see voting eligibility tied to federal taxes. You don't pay fed taxes? You don't get a vote in fed elections.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    My election day started two weeks ago. What is your deal exactly?
    That’s our Election Day, not yours.

My deal is early voting leads to increased chances of corruption and people can vote before they’ve listened to all the debates or heard some important news that would change their vote.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    My deal is early voting leads to increased chances of corruption and people can vote before they’ve listened to all the debates or heard some important news that would change their vote.
    How many people do you think are honestly undecided by mid-October? How many people who have decided where their votes are going are likely to change their opinion based on something that comes up in a debate, or in the news?

Kamala Harris saying that 220 million Americans have died from COVID is just going to be swept aside as "she misspoke," or "obviously that's not what she meant" by the left, no matter how much the right tries to use it as a "see, she's stupid" moment. Same goes for Biden's ridiculous claim during the debate that he would have us producing energy at zero emissions by 2025. (Dunno about everybody else, but I was laughing so hard at that that I had to explain what was up to my wife, who was in another room not watching the debate.)

ETA: Same also goes for whatever nonsense finds its way out of Trump's mouth or onto his Twitter feed over the next week or two.

Federal employees don't need another holiday. Private sector/small business owners will work anyway if enough money is involved. Vote by mail eliminates both the cost to the tax payer and the cost to consumers. Holiday pay has bought a lot of new Harleys.
    Last edited by Borderland; 10-24-2020 at 12:06 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Yep. Another reason that early voting concerns me.
    Did I vote too soon? Oh well, it will probably end up in a ditch somewhere anyway.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    How many people do you think are honestly undecided by mid-October? How many people who have decided where their votes are going are likely to change their opinion based on something that comes up in a debate, or in the news?

Kamala Harris saying that 220 million Americans have died from COVID is just going to be swept aside as "she misspoke," or "obviously that's not what she meant" by the left, no matter how much the right tries to use it as a "see, she's stupid" moment. Same goes for Biden's ridiculous claim during the debate that he would have us producing energy at zero emissions by 2025. (Dunno about everybody else, but I was laughing so hard at that that I had to explain what was up to my wife, who was in another room not watching the debate.)

ETA: Same also goes for whatever nonsense finds its way out of Trump's mouth or onto his Twitter feed over the next week or two.

There are enough that it could make the difference in key states.

Those who are true supporters of either are unlikely to change their minds, but not everyone are hardcore supporters of either side.

There are enough that it could make the difference in key states.

Those who are true supporters of either are unlikely to change their minds, but not everyone are hardcore supporters of either side.
    Maybe in the last century.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Federal employees don't need another holiday. Private sector/small business owners will work anyway if enough money is involved. Vote by mail eliminates both the cost to the tax payer and the cost to consumers. Holiday pay has bought a lot of new Harleys.
    Who said we need another holiday? Just vote on President’s day; plus perhaps move that holiday to just after tax due day.

User Tag List