Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Presidential Debate

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    No. I guess the religious folks you know are pretty chicken shit.
    I dunno. Baronelle Stutzman and Jack Phillips seem like pretty tough people to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Indeed: you need the man of Galilee in your corner to get one of those coveted slots.

Not that I’m criticizing; at the private protestant schools, it’s the near-antifa progressives who have to keep their thoughts on the DL, so there is far less disruption, noise, and general fuckery coming out of those schools. Plus, the constraints of the enforced-faith exercise mean that there’s a lot of winking and nodding at the competent faculty who are Jewish, or generally agnostic/non-practitioner, so long as they’re cool about it.

There is little winking and nodding at those who fail to profess the one true faith at the state places. JMO.
    I think I know what that is but it isn't important....at least not for me anymore.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Read Bari Weiss's book -

How to Fight Anti-Semitism Hardcover – September 10, 2019
    by Bari Weiss (Author)

to see how Anti-Semitism is alive and well - a growth industry on both the right and left of American society. Spare me the pollyanna crap. The Jews will not replace us - that's a fine motto for folks to chant as they march.

Note the increase in such incidents that have been well documented and do use Google to search for this as you are adverse to doing that for anything that contradicts your world view. The idea that religious people have to adopt conservative views is pure horseshit.

You need to understand the fight and what side your allies are on.

Leftism is anti traditional Judaism and anti Christianity. You cannot hold orthodox views related to those faiths and be on the left. It is impossible. Maybe the faiths are wrong, maybe leftism is right, but they are mutually exclusive.

Read “Why the Jews” by Dennis Prager and Joseph Telushkin. It’s about the history and reasons for anti-semistim Both practicing Jews. I’ve listened to it 2 or 3 times.

I don’t know anyone who is saying the Jews will not replace us.

I’m not afraid to google, but you do seem hard pressed to give evidence when asked for it.

Jew haters exist in all groups, but the ones with influence and power are on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    You need to understand the fight and what side your allies are on.

Leftism is anti traditional Judaism and anti Christianity. You cannot hold orthodox views related to those faiths and be on the left. It is impossible. Maybe the faiths are wrong, maybe leftism is right, but they are mutually exclusive.

Read “Why the Jews” by Dennis Prager and Joseph Telushkin. It’s about the history and reasons for anti-semistim Both practicing Jews. I’ve listened to it 2 or 3 times.

I don’t know anyone who is saying the Jews will not replace us.

I’m not afraid to google, but you do seem hard pressed to give evidence when asked for it.

Jew haters exist in all groups, but the ones with influence and power are on the left.
    Newb, I think it's presumptuous at best, and unverifiable.

Most Jews don't need an atlas to find Anti-Semitism.

Further, I think rigid statements about what "the left" and "the right" think in regard to religious bigotry is largely conjecture without a great deal of substance to substantiate it. Anyone can make claims for this or that side and it may sound reasonable, but both sides can accomplish the same thing in this manner.

It's a topic I think I have more than a passing familiarity with...as do many here. I don't need Dennis Prager to school me on the topic...no offense to him or his co-author.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Note to all, if you read Weiss' book. Antisemitism is baked into American and European culture on a deep level. As she points out, the left and the right use their ideologies to justify the fundamental hate. The hate is first and justification later is brought up.

The current love of Israel on the Right is not for the love of Jewish folk or beliefs. It is based on an even greater dislike of Islam and Biblical prophecy about the Second Coming. The Jewish folks who support Trump and the Right (like Bibi) are no fools and understand it is purely transactional. The deals with the Gulf countries are the same - fear of Iran and economics.

Now, will such arrangements lower hate - perhaps. Weiss argue convincingly it is still there and will resurface given time.

Pointing out a left wing or right wing anti-Semites to prove a political point for your tribe is just useless. Both exist - what an insight. Weiss points out that Jewish folks have a terrible bind as the philosophy is more in line with more left of center, caring views of humanity than those of the right but the growth of left wing bigotry, leaves you no safe place to go.

Weiss had to leave the Times for pointing this out.

This is touch off topic for Biden vs. Trump but just a response to the idea that the Democrats will empty the churches as those congregation members huddle in fear of Biden.

I call tell you, as a Christian, who knows many Christians, she is wrong about Christian support for Jews and Israel. It’s because Christians see them as God’s chosen people, our brothers in faith, common values, we are religious decedents of Judaism and also that thing about those who bless the Jews will be blessed and those who curse them will be cursed.

Besides, if Christians only supported Jews and Israel due to the second coming, so what? How pathetic do you have to be to be offended by that. They still support the Jews and Israel, and if you don’t believe in a second coming, it should comfort you that the support will be around for a long time.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Newb, I think it's presumptuous at best, and unverifiable.

Most Jews don't need an atlas to find Anti-Semitism.

Further, I think rigid statements about what "the left" and "the right" think in regard to religious bigotry is largely conjecture without a great deal of substance to substantiate it. Anyone can make claims for this or that side and it may sound reasonable, but both sides can accomplish the same thing in this manner.

It's a topic I think I have more than a passing familiarity with...as do many here. I don't need Dennis Prager to school me on the topic...no offense to him or his co-author.
    With all due respect to one of my favorite forum members. I think reading his book would be good non Jews and Jews.

I don’t care where a problem comes from, I just want to solve it. In today’s time, I don’t see how anyone couldn’t recognize the greatest threat to the Jews is from the left.

Maybe I am wrong, and if I am, I want to be shown that.

We'll have to agree to disagree, Newb, about what's true and real...and I don't think, for me, it's worth further debate here.

That said, I wish that your statement a couple of posts above were true. I think it shows what a good person you are in your heart, but I don't think it's reflective of the greater reality.

Anyway, that's my last on the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    With all due respect to one of my favorite forum members. I think reading his book would be good non Jews and Jews.

I don’t care where a problem comes from, I just want to solve it. In today’s time, I don’t see how anyone couldn’t recognize the greatest threat to the Jews is from the left.

Maybe I am wrong, and if I am, I want to be shown that.
    I don't think I'll wade too far into this, either, but as a blue-state, gun-loving secular Jew, I'm pretty used to the anti-semitism we get from the left, in academia especially. No argument it exists.

But the reason there is a bunch more security and CCW permits in the community these days is due to killings by white nationalists at synagogues, Sikh temples and Mosques, and firsthand observation of things like Nazi salutes at Trump rallies.

I don't know how to weigh the scales on who is worse but that's what it's like here.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    I don't think I'll wade too far into this, either, but as a blue-state, gun-loving secular Jew, I'm pretty used to the anti-semitism we get from the left, in academia especially. No argument it exists.

But the reason there is a bunch more security and CCW permits in the community these days is due to killings by white nationalists at synagogues, Sikh temples and Mosques, and firsthand observation of things like Nazi salutes at Trump rallies.

I don't know how to weigh the scales on who is worse but that's what it's like here.
    In the US, 2015-2019, white supremacists/white nationalists have killed 64 people in total via terrorist attacks. That body count amounts to a Chicago weekend. When it comes to predatory threats, I'd be more worried about where you live than where you worship.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    In the US, 2015-2019, white supremacists/white nationalists have killed 64 people in total via terrorist attacks. That body count amounts to a Chicago weekend. When it comes to predatory threats, I'd be more worried about where you live than where you worship.
    I don't think those miscreants fine people will appreciate the analogy. Just sayin'...

User Tag List