Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Presidential Debate

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I've lived in a lot of places, states, cities, rural counties.
    It wasn't until I came to Texas that I experienced this firsthand.
    From a religious perspective, I definitely feel more welcomed here than any other place I have lived.
    Well, it stands to reason...

Two words...Kinky Friedman...(And the Texas Jewboys)

There's nothing civil about this war.

Not exactly how I saw the debate, but I couldn't help but laughing really loud when I saw this.

Look like Hope Hicks, who travelled with him to the debate, has Covid.https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pre...s-sean-hannity

Presidential Debate

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    What's in your heart is one thing, but speaking for all Christians as a whole would be quite presumptuous..
    Kind of, sure. But the Catechism of the Catholic Church can speak for the majority of Christians, for what that’s worth. It’s not too far from what Newbie said.

I think it’s fair enough as a rebuttal to Weiss. I also think that I personally have more of a relationship to Judaism than a ‘secular Jew,’ being Ashkenazi in large part and having a devotion to the God of Abraham.

I think the majority of antisemitism in real terms comes from the left largely and the Democratic Party particularly.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I think the majority of antisemitism in real terms comes from the left largely and the Democratic Party particularly.
    Yet, Jews flock to the Democrat party in droves.. as do other minorities that Democrats take advantage of. It has never made sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Well geez, I didn’t expect a kind of Spanish Inquisition...

I am fuming with jealousy over not coming up with this one.

I wonder if I can figure out a way to wear a clerical outfit and teach public school without getting blacklisted from the profession forever? "It was just one day...no one expects the Oxford comma!"

I guess that probably wouldn't go over too well at a non-public school, either.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I think we've already seen several years of white apologists for their lives, their privilege, their whatever, even if there was nothing for them to apologize for which they had done. Racial guilt, even if you didn't have family in this country dating back to the days when slavery was an actual thing.

As long as you are willing to subjugate and abase yourself before the monolith of the platform...you're in. And let's face it, there are ideologues, apologists, virtue signalers, and people who just want to belong to something all mixed into the group of true believers who are the central core of this "movement".

Should those who have been pushed aside or lost opportunities because of "affirmative action" be demanding compensation? Where and when does it end?

Lots of folks back in the sixties used to attend marches and rallies whether or not they were true believers...it was the place to be. Not everyone is a true believer.

It takes all kinds.
    Well considering my wife and stepkids seem to be watching me for signs of fascist tendencies since I refuse to vote for Biden, I think I have some insight here.

Many middle-of-the-road Dems truly believe Republican=Nazi, just as bad in every way. And Trump is 100% bad as Hitler. And all police are basically the SA.

Just like like many Republicans believe most Dems are waiting to execute "Year Zero," Khmer Rouge-style.

Because propaganda works. And we swim in it, and breathe it like oxygen.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Yet, Jews flock to the Democrat party in droves.. as do other minorities that Democrats take advantage of. It has never made sense to me.
    Because the "Southern strategy" was based around pulling in WASPs who aren't too fond of any of those minorities and it will take a long time for that to shift?

I'm glad other folks have found the South welcoming but casual anti-Semitism is 100% default mode for my neck of woods, were most people have never met a Jew in the flesh. Ever. (Anti-Asian racism is far worse--a lovely older Filipina women who teaches out here told me she gets "why don't you work in a nail salon" cracks constantly from students--White, Black, and Hispanic.)

Of course, we also have a very visible Klan/White Supremacist/future inmate crowd, so I'm not claiming we represent the US as a whole at all.

But in my experience in Ohio growing up, casual anti-Semitism was completely OK in White upper-middle to upper class (100% Republican) circles--after a good look around to make sure there was no one around to be offended.

And there were absolutely no Jews in the "old school" frats made up of VERY old money White guys when I was at Duke in the 90s. No brown people of any kind either. And those frats had a heavy crossover with Young Republicans.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

https://apple.news/AO467oGg-QPKEgaCw5Qn6Mw

Trump and FLOTUS test positive for Covid-19

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    What's in your heart is not what matters to me. That's between you and God. What you do is what matters to me, and to society. The same applies to my own life.
    Motivations and actions are both important.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    No one group or ideology dominates this tendency, there are plenty takers in many corners.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

User Tag List