Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid Guns You Want to Own- Panic Edition

This made me consider that pretty much all of them from here on out will be stupid, and this makes me hate you...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

My Para FAL should arrive from DSA soon and I'm eyeing up a consignment AUG A3 at a buddies shop,as I could always use another....
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

In rough order of me actually ever buying them:

Marlin 1894 Dark in .38/.357.
    Some sort of 1911, probably in 9mm so I don't have to stock another caliber. Literally every semi-auto centerfire pistol I currently own is a 9mm Glock. Had a couple .45ACP 1911's in the past, but sold the last one off awhile ago.
    EFFEN90 SBR. The EFFEN90 receiver fit & finish seems better than the factory PS90, and if I'm going to spend the money to SBR something, I want it to be nice.
    Shrike beltfed upper. I had one ~10 years ago, but didn't shoot it much because I rarely have access to a range where I could shoot it. But it was really fun to shoot on my M16, when I did have a suitable range to shoot it at.
    Desert Eagle in .44 Mag. .44 Mag instead of .50 DE because I already have other .44 Mag guns, so I don't have to stock another caliber.
    Barrett M82A1
    Transferable M1919, and a pickup truck to mount it on.

What I really need is a bigger safe because I don't really have room for anything more than pistols right now.

Mine is a CMP 1911, got it a month ago after a 2 year wait. Not as good as my other 1911s but I still like it.

Site Supporter
    A CMP anything. Sheesh, what cool guns that are completely stupid for me to want.

A Winchester 70 featherweight in .270 Winchester. Because bog-standard factory 130gr cup-and-cores hurt my gimpy right shoulder, so I’m probably going to have to download with lighter bullets at lower velocities, and the whole point to it was to give me a bit more range and power over my .243. If I have to download it to sniffing range of the .243, what was the bloody point?

Sure is a pretty rifle, though.

Really, buying anything but a duplicate of my G19x or G26 right now would be pretty silly. A Benelli M4 or Beretta 1301 would be cool, but I *have* 3 shotguns.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    A 375 H&H.

I'm only going to Africa if I win the Powerball. I could find other uses for it, but most of them could be handled just as well with a good 270.

Okie John
    Honestly I just want an M1 carbine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    A 375 H&H.

I'm only going to Africa if I win the Powerball. I could find other uses for it, but most of them could be handled just as well with a good 270.

Okie John
    I like the cut of your jib, sir! Though really why not go all in on dual purpose African game rifles: I'm saying .416 Rigby. I've got a an US M1917 Enfield action I set aside for a custom Rigby something like 30 years ago. I'm sure I'll get on it any day now :-)

Site Supporter
    I'd like a S&W PC Model 460XVR.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Can we do belt feds? I have no practical use for one so I guess that counts as stupid. My pick would be a MK48 or 240B. Pretty stupid but I love them.
    Yes, belt fed. I have to admit, every time I see "Vickers" on a thread title here, the first thought is "Yes! Vickers machine guns!...oh.."

So, a Vickers and maybe 50,000 rds of 303 belted up. Sounds like a bit, but you could shoot through it in 6 hours of continuous fire, which they can do. The historical bit about 10 British Vickers firing continuously for 12 hours in one engagement has always impressed me. They fired 2500 rds less than 1 million rounds that day between them. From 10 guns. Non stop. Water cooled at its best.

A 1921 Colt Thompson would be uselessly cool and fun also. Would be awesomely good fun to take on skunk patrol in the evenings.
    Last edited by Malamute; 09-29-2020 at 08:48 PM.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Stupid guns I want to own:
    Desert Eagle in .50AE
    BFR in .45-70
    Hi-Point G2 YEET Cannon
    20ga Mossberg Shockwave
    S&W .500 Magnum
    Henry Axe

I know I'm forgetting some.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List