Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid Guns You Want to Own- Panic Edition

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    There’s nothing stupid about that, unless your shoulder is torn up or something.

AN optic can be a “later” acquisition. Once you have the rifle, justifying the appropriate optic becomes easier. “I have this rifle with no optic on it, so...”
    All of this is true but I am trying to be frugal these days and I know I have a .308 that's already workable for hunting, and accurate enough that I could shoot it further than I can see anywhere here in the coastal forests of BC. I can't imagine what I would do with a true precision rifle; I'd never get to use it.

And the lightweight hunting gun is just for the love of elegant rifles (and the desire to carry something less clunky than a tac'd up mag fed 783 in the field), plus I have a Styrka (Celestron) S7 2.5-15 sitting in a box that could be a decent hunting scope.

None of it is outrageously impractical...it's just that everything I buy that I don't NEED these days, I look at and say "how much Apple stock could I add to my kid's portfolio instead of buying that?" And then it's very hard to buy anything at all.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by dogcaller View Post
    I’ve always wanted one of those IMI Timberwolf pump .357s. I remember Cooper calling it “an answer, in search of a question” in Cooper’s Corner, but my teen-aged self was not deterred.
    A pump action rifle in .357 and .44 magnum that took Desert Eagle mags would be cool. Although I'd rather have a Remington 7615 that was as reliable and durable as it's supposed to be for the role it was made for. Heck, a whole line of various pump rifles that used the most common mags for whichever cartridge they're chambered in and maybe even took Remington 870 furniture. Might as well do a pistol version too.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    OK,

This is a gun that would be stupid for me to buy but one that I would really like (thankfully the State of Kalifornia Handgun roster prevents that from happening). I've always really liked the Browning BDM with the exception of the safety (which along with not being made in .40 cal prevented this design's success). This model is a decocker only version.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/878578601

I wish to amend my list to include a semi-auto conversion Hotchkiss Universal. I totally forgot just how freaking cool and functional they are. I once met a guy who carried and used one at Dien Bien Phu.
    Looked like Obelix the Gaul, but with a greying high-and-tight.

"If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Ha, no. And a cannon helps keep it that way.

My house is stone and this is my front door: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Main-Doo...H-LH/203340023 My curtain rods are spears. Just trying to stay on theme.
    Stained distressed speakeasy?? OK that's a cool door.

Site Supporter
    A CZ Hammer coach gun has been calling to me for a while now...

Phased Plasma Rifle in the 40 Watt range.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    I wish to amend my list to include a semi-auto conversion Hotchkiss Universal. I totally forgot just how freaking cool and functional they are. I once met a guy who carried and used one at Dien Bien Phu.
    Looked like Obelix the Gaul, but with a greying high-and-tight.

That was a pretty cool little gun.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyinAvon View Post
    Stained distressed speakeasy?? OK that's a cool door.
    Sucker is heavy, too, and with how I've got the bolt and studs reinforced, it's as secure as it looks. We're replacing the back door with a similar one soon as well.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I was thinking about buying a pre-owned Steyr Scout from the Allen, Texas Cabela’s, but, just used the last of my “stupid” money to order non-stupid stuff from Primary Arms. LMT Rifle-length Upper Receiver. 5R-rifled 5.56 stainless steel 20” LMT barrel. BCM BCG. (The LMT Enhanced BCG was out-of-stock, but is on my e-mail notification.) Yes, of course, I clicked-through, from the link, above, in that orange bar that crosses the screen.

Another rifle that had my eye was a Winchester (Miroku-made) 1885, 16” Trapper configuration, chambered for the .30-40 Krag, at an LGS. I won’t call any beautiful single-shot rifle “stupid,” but .30-40 Krag, that 16” barrel, and that skimpy stock, with a butt plate, not pad, may not be the best combination.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List