Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid Guns You Want to Own- Panic Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I keep forgetting to reply to this.

The knife is a Boker Arbolito Esculta. It was actually $140, bought from Boker's EBay page as a sales sample, sans box. I originally bought it to do some marketing photos for one of my books, and thought I would flip it, but kept it because it's cool looking. It had a really uneven grind, which which I fixed with a Lansky sharpener, and now I really like it.

This thread made me go ahead and order the stag GP100 grip panels I've been thinking about buying for over a year.
    Last year, well before to the coof craziness, I picked up a blued 5" GP100MC in 10mm and a bunch of accessories from a guy I shoot with who decided he wanted something else... and kind of forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Steyr Scout in .243 for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    There’s a Walther PP in .32 that’s calling my name too. I think it’s something about the level of finish that makes it jump out in a case full of SCCYs and such. It would probably be really nice to shoot...
    I would be interested in shooting a PP. Not so much a PPK.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    Steyr Scout in .243 for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That would be a pretty sweet rifle.

If only to enhance

https://youtu.be/Y5dQOYe6yRY
    Ignore Alien Orders

I have been having irrational urges to buy an 1860 Army clone.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    There’s a Walther PP in .32 that’s calling my name too. I think it’s something about the level of finish that makes it jump out in a case full of SCCYs and such. It would probably be really nice to shoot...
    I had one of those in the early 80s, bought as a police trade-in while stationed in Germany. It was a Manurhin-manufactured version. It was accurate and reliable and sliced your hand like a PPK. It actually liked the old Hornady 90-grain swaged LSWC. I sold it and the Manurhin P1 I had bought before I rotated back to the States.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I had one of those in the early 80s, bought as a police trade-in while stationed in Germany. It was a Manurhin-manufactured version. It was accurate and reliable and sliced your hand like a PPK. It actually liked the old Hornady 90-grain swaged LSWC. I sold it and the Manurhin P1 I had bought before I rotated back to the States.
    So someone bought the PP before I could cave, but now in the case is a S&W 15-7 with one of those optics rails that mounts where the rear sight was. I just happen to still have the Deltapoint Pro that doesn’t fit my M&P Pro series CORE 1.0 lying around...

It could be a Postmodern Combat Revolver and I could just run wadcutters through it.

Does a mag fed semi .308 count?

I have 556 and a Garand and have sold off M1a and PTR but keep finding myself looking at them.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I have been having irrational urges to buy an 1860 Army clone.
    I would like that or a .44 Remington cap and ball revolver.
    That will be a retirement project one day hopefully for me.

User Tag List