Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid Guns You Want to Own- Panic Edition

My local dealer has an Ortgies .25 for about $300.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I woke up this morning with the desire to own a 3" 624.

It makes no sense, it isn't practical and I'm not going to go look for one, but, right now, I want one.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

It’s my 12 year old’s second week of junior rifle club and she’s spotted a Les Baer Tactical Recon in .300 Winchester Mag that she insists she’ll “share with me” if I buy it. I’m not sure what to think.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete 10 View Post
    Mine is a CMP 1911, got it a month ago after a 2 year wait. Not as good as my other 1911s but I still like it.
    I just picked one of those up about a month ago. I needed another 1911 like I needed a vasectomy. I'm glad I weathered the 2 year wait because it has some class. My dealer who is a collector told me to hang on to it because of high demand. He said there may not be anymore coming after the election. I think about 15,000 of those have passed thru the CMP in the last few years.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    I woke up this morning with the desire to own a 3" 624.

It makes no sense, it isn't practical and I'm not going to go look for one, but, right now, I want one.
    That's weird. A 44 spl. isn't cool unless you happen to be a cowboy action shooter. Then you want a Colt SAA, or other old west configuration, not a newer model Smith.

You may need some cartridge/identity help. Contact TP.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    That's weird. A 44 spl. isn't cool unless you happen to be a cowboy action shooter. Then you want a Colt SAA, or other old west configuration, not a newer model Smith.

You may need some cartridge/identity help. Contact TP.
    44 Special is cool in the way a Fitz Special is cool. Think of a spurless hammer, 3" snub barrel, rounded sights a la Bill Jordan, Spegel boot grips, a large coat pocket and 200gr WC going at 950 fps.

I need help no matter what identity/caliber thing is going through my head at any moment :-)
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    It’s my 12 year old’s second week of junior rifle club and she’s spotted a Les Baer Tactical Recon in .300 Winchester Mag that she insists she’ll “share with me” if I buy it. I’m not sure what to think.
    You've done well.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    44 Special is cool in the way a Fitz Special is cool. Think of a spurless hammer, 3" snub barrel, rounded sights a la Bill Jordan, Spegel boot grips, a large coat pocket and 200gr WC going at 950 fps.

I need help no matter what identity/caliber thing is going through my head at any moment :-)
    I played around with 44 spl for awhile with a 696. I had two of those. I then decided to consolidate my cartridges and dropped the 44 spl in favor of 45 ACP. I replaced them with a 625. I've been tempted to buy a 624 a few times but I always talk myself out of it. More brass and bullets to keep track of.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I played around with 44 spl for awhile with a 696. I had two of those. I then decided to consolidate my cartridges and dropped the 44 spl in favor of 45 ACP. I replaced them with a 625. I've been tempted to buy a 624 a few times but I always talk myself out of it. More brass and bullets to keep track of.
    That's pretty much where I am.

There’s a Walther PP in .32 that’s calling my name too. I think it’s something about the level of finish that makes it jump out in a case full of SCCYs and such. It would probably be really nice to shoot...

User Tag List