Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid Guns You Want to Own- Panic Edition

I was on grabagun yesterday and I was like..."maybe I'll just see what's in stock" and behold, a 586 L-comp just jumped into my cart of its own accord even though I'm fucking moving in a week and the last thing is another gun. I swear it snuck up on me

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Problems with your neighbors?

Chris
    Not if he has a cannon and grape shot

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    A Krag carbine.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

not so much stupid as impractical for me

My father passed away in Jan 2019 and it hit me hard and still lingers from time to time. He carried an Interarms Walther PPK/s when he worked at a convenience store for almost 30 years. Every now and then I get interested in purchasing a new Walther PPK/s to carry in remembrance of him. But then I remember: 1. His slide serrations make lemon zest of my thumb knuckle; 2. Blowback is too harsh for its benefits; 3. Capacity is lacking; and 4. pretty pricey

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    An all-steel P226 of some flavor.

Whatever I'm going to end up with in the realm of Ruger SAs.

A threaded .45 Auto Contender barrel.

A Winchester 94/22M Trapper.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I have two completely divergent and mostly incompatible interests when it comes to firearms - practical self-defense weapons and cool historical (or at least old-ish) things that I enjoy shooting. I'm working on switching to 1911s for carry guns, so that'll be at least one point where the two meet, to an extent. But I still have a long list of "fun" guns I'd love to have.

Top five are probably 1) an Israeli K98 that was rechambered for 7.62 NATO, 2) any classic, compact, and lightweight Manlicher-stocked hunting rifle, 3) an AR in M16-A1 configuration, 4) a surplus Hi Power that's at least somewhat fun to shoot in its stock configuration, 5) a Walther PP in .32 (had and carried a PPK in .380 and I don't like those, but in .32 it's a completely different gun, even more so if you go up a size to the PP).

Not everything, but a few other top things I either already have or they're in the family and relatively available to me to shoot.

I keep getting tempted by cool pistols in 32 auto. There's one for sale on a local board right now. The ammo is about half the price of 9mm/45/38 etc. It almost makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    A Krag carbine.
    I’ve always had an irrational longing for that one.

BAR would be another.

Smith Machine Group FG42
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I don’t know how stupid it is but I’ve been wanting a Marlin 1894 Dark in .357. I want to be able to suppress it which is why I was looking at the Dark, since it’s got a threaded barrel. Honestly, if they offered a more traditional looking 1894 with a threaded barrel, I’d prefer that. Especially with Aridus working on a CROM for Marlins, so I wouldn’t really need the pic rail that comes on the Dark model. The rumors of Ruger buying Marlin also give me hope.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List