Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Stupid Guns You Want to Own- Panic Edition

So the other day I saw a Wildey in I think .45 Winchester Magnum in a used gun case. Soooo stupid, but... this is how people end up with awesome collectibles, right?

Site Supporter
    A Sig P210 Target and a S&W model 19 carry comp.

No idea why, but man... they are both calling to me.

A second Glock 34 Gen 5 and looking to attach an SRO makes sense.

I have to convince myself a Glock 34 is capable enough and to do better with that as a I carry it. And an expensive revolver in a caliber I don’t have is a bad idea.

But man it’s tempting.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Not a stupid gun per se, but I’m seriously asking myself if one can have too many enough 10/22s and 10/22 parts...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Last edited by SD; 04-08-2021 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    A Sig P210 Target and a S&W model 19 carry comp.

No idea why, but man... they are both calling to me.

A second Glock 34 Gen 5 and looking to attach an SRO makes sense.

I have to convince myself a Glock 34 is capable enough and to do better with that as a I carry it. And an expensive revolver in a caliber I don’t have is a bad idea.

But man it’s tempting.
    I’m trying to run temptations through the lens of “are there >10 round mags available?”. Those generally move up over things holding <10 rounds.

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    A Sig P210 Target ...
    I got an itch for one of these about a year and a half ago. Then I actually handled one. Fit and finish was not awesome, and it needed gunsmithing to be serviceable out of the box.

Decided a used WC would be a better option.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Not a stupid gun per se, but I’m seriously asking myself if one can have too many enough 10/22s and 10/22 parts...
    I really, really want for one of those threaded 10/22 Charger takedown models with the M1913 brace attachment. I've been remembering to check for those every month or so, now it's every week, and I'm starting to see rather breathtaking prices as reasonable and I'm not sure whether or not to be happy about the perpetual out-of-stock nature of that model.

Didn't really need it, but bought a S&W 15-22 pistol last night.

Thing just looked too fun to shoot to pass it up

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    I really, really want for one of those threaded 10/22 Charger takedown models with the M1913 brace attachment. I've been remembering to check for those every month or so, now it's every week, and I'm starting to see rather breathtaking prices as reasonable and I'm not sure whether or not to be happy about the perpetual out-of-stock nature of that model.
    My CZ 512 Carbine is so far keeping me from needing an integrally suppressed barrel and 10/22 to make it work. But a folding brace on a Charger with an integrally suppressed barrel would be pretty awesome.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Someone makes a takedown conversion kit but IIRC you have to use their barrel. Not a huge deal if you’ve got someone to cut it down to Charger size. I’ll look for the link tonight.

User Tag List