Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid Guns You Want to Own- Panic Edition

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    I scored a rather nice, refinished No.5 Mk.1 a few months ago. The wood had been refinished but otherwise it has been unmolested as best I can tell. It's plenty accurate at 100 and 200 yards although we were banging steel plates rather than measuring group sizes.

I sort of expected .303 to be more available than it has been but I guessed wrong on that one.
    It was at one time. Lots of pre 86 machine guns in .303 out there. Tends to put a dent into the supply.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Strangely enough, I've managed to find two items I'd been looking for for a really long time at reasonable prices in the past few months. Hard to find normally, but here they are now.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

It appears I want to own a Micro Desert Eagle. I remember seeing one a few years ago and being fascinated by it. I had (and still have) no real need, but I am intrigued by unusual designs. And this American-made pistol with a gas-delayed blowback and two guide rods qualifies. So when one became available at a very reasonable price, with apologies to P.T. Barnum, my money and I were soon parted.

Site Supporter
    For nostalgia, a high quality top break revolver in 32. If that Indian model ever gets here and I got the money - maybe. I saw a nice top break in an LGS a few months ago, but it wasn't my picture then.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 03-05-2021 at 10:23 PM.

I have the unnatural desire to take a Flightlite SCR lower,

put a Brownell’s BRN-180 upper on it

and since it no longer needs a recoil system through the stock mount a Magpul Remington shotgun stock on the whole mess.

The only thing AR-15ish would be the magazines. I don’t know what I would do with it, but it might be pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    I have the unnatural desire to take a Flightlite SCR lower,

put a Brownell’s BRN-180 upper on it

and since it no longer needs a recoil system through the stock mount a Magpul Remington shotgun stock on the whole mess.

The only thing AR-15ish would be the magazines. I don’t know what I would do with it, but it might be pretty cool.
    That might be a really intriguing setup. I wonder how light it would be in that configuration?
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Scurrying off to refresh on BRN-whatever availability in .300 BO.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    That might be a really intriguing setup. I wonder how light it would be in that configuration?
    One comment I found on a SCR with the wood stock said that it was “a pig”. I figure that if it’s lighter than the Garand guys carried all over Europe we wouldn’t have much room to complain.

Built with an upper sans muzzle device it would have the Banners scurrying to figure out what it is and how to kill it.

I want one these dumb-looking things.

Name:  external-content.duckduckgo.com2.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  94.6 KB

and one of these even dumber-looking things.

Name:  external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  50.4 KB

I backordered a Prusa i3 MK3S+ last week, just waiting on it to be fulfilled now.

Site Supporter
    Im still wanting a Taurus M82.

User Tag List