Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I need some pants.

Wrangler Riggs Workwear "Ranger" pants
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    My pick is: LA Police Gear Men's Urban Recon Pant: $30
    https://lapolicegear.com/lapg-urban-recon-pant.html

When they get too worn for daily wear, I repurpose them for martial arts.

How do the front pockets fit the LCR or LCP?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    How do the front pockets fit the LCR or LCP?
    Front pockets are good. Not too deep.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Thanks for that! I always wanted to try their stuff but was always scared of the prices. I’m gonna try two pair and see how this goes.
    The Duluth’s came today. Tried them on, they fit exactly like I wanted. Washed and dried (low heat) they may have shrunk just a smidge, but not really any kind of an issue. I always hate it when people review shit they haven’t used at all, but I’m wearing one pair right now and so far I’m very happy. Guess I’ll have to keep a lookout for when they do sales.

I have been searching for good jeans and I have bought a bunch of different ones, TD Jeans (I like them but they got holes in the pockets way too fast), a couple of pairs of Prana jeans (I like that the pockets are deep, I carry a lot of crap... they got holes in the pockets pretty fast as well), some Mountain Hardware jeans (which have way to short of pockets), and my current jeans a set of Origin jeans (they pockets are a perfect depth and are made out of denim).

The Origin jeans were a little more expensive than the other ($100 vs. $50-$60 for the others), but they are made in the USA of US materials. I have only had them for a few weeks and they fit well and were pretty true to size.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    The Duluth’s came today. Tried them on, they fit exactly like I wanted. Washed and dried (low heat) they may have shrunk just a smidge, but not really any kind of an issue. I always hate it when people review shit they haven’t used at all, but I’m wearing one pair right now and so far I’m very happy. Guess I’ll have to keep a lookout for when they do sales.
    If they fit like you want them to just hang dry them from now on.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Adding onto this thread, since it's the most recent one I remember discussing Duluths.

I learned this week that the olive green pants I've had for a year and a half are actually "gunmetal," according to Duluth. I picked them up in the store, so I never saw any indication that they were called a color that means grey. Ordered some five-pocket pants in gunmetal, and got green. Called CS, they sent a replacement pair. Also green. Went to the store to sort it out. Very nice lady took care of it, so that's good. All the green pants are coded "GNM." In some of the weird lighting they have in the store, they actually do look gunmetal. In other stacks, they look green. In daylight, they are green. Just FYI.

Also, both pair of Flex pants I have had for a year and a half are now too short, so I'm buying two more pair with longer inseams. Will have pants for boots and pants for shoes. I'm pretty sure, given that I'm in my 40s, that the pants are shrinking more than any other pants I can remember owning, rather than me growing. I don't wear them regularly for most of the year, as SE TX is shorts weather and my work allows them.

I tried out the M&P 340 in a Safariland 25 in front pocket carry in the Duluth five-pocket pants. They are cut with a bit of a front butt to them, presumably to let you carry big things in the pockets without it all getting stretched out. Even with that, and before they have had a chance to shrink, the J looked OK when I was standing straight. But take a step forward with that leg, and it looked like the worst side-disarrangement ever (trying to be polite here). Not a workable solution for me, not in those pants. Fortunately, I think with the AIWB holster I have, it will disappear really well. My belly contours have been improving the past couple years, which helps.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I’m a big fan of lightweight Mountain Hardwear pants. Stretchy, comfy, not too big, just right on the fit, and fast drying.

https://amzn.to/37VCnU1
    #RESIST

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Unfortunately, with my AO being a moldy-ass swamp, I have learned to stay away from nylon and synthetics generally. They get a funk smell in them just from the wind blowing the outdoors on them while I walk. It comes out of cottons easily, but requires oxy bleach soaks to get mostly out of nylon. Even with that, sweat a little when wearing them after washing and I start to smell it again. It's the fabrics, not me.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List