Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Need to Replace/Augment Hellcat,.. thinking full sized. 9mm or .40

Quote Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
    Absolutely!!! I Very much appreciate ALL the well informed advice & opinion.

@ work at the moment getting ready to punch in,… But I shipped off the hellcat today to Springfield so this weekend I'm going to do some scouting around for a second weapon. If,… I do go with a Glock? I doubt I'm gonna get a discount the only ones I've been able to find in stock are excruciatingly expensive, and they are not from blue label dealers. At this point in time I may just have to get what I can get! 🤷*♂️
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Someone upthread posted a link to a distributor that would sell you a BL Glock.
    As Ken mentions - and @RJ mentioned - GT Distributors will happily sell you a Blue Label Glock and ship it to your local FFL for transfer to you.

If you've never bought online before (I'm guessing the answer is no) - it can seem a bit daunting, but it's not super complicated:

Gunbroker (the kind of gun equivalent of eBay) has a nice FAQ that addresses 'remote' buying of firearms - https://support.gunbroker.com/hc/en-...lling-Firearms

To find a nearby dealer who will conduct a transfer for you - you can use Gunbroker's handy tool: https://www.gunbroker.com/ffl/index - Enter your Zip, generate the list of dealers and pick up the phone and call them to find out who is close and will handle the transfer. Usually there is a moderate fee ($20-30) for a transfer + applicable taxes/state fees.

To buy from GT Distributors - you will need to provide them with the information from who will handle your transfer (so find your transferring dealer FIRST).

So let's run down the list of how to do this:

1) Find a local FFL dealer who will handle firearms transfers for an appropriate fee (i.e., <$40, more than that is ridiculous, in my opinion).
    2) Contact GT Distributors and purchase online or call them (they are super friendly on the phone).
    3) Submit your necessary documents to GT Distributors (DD214 for the Blue Label Veterans Discount, information from your FFL (i.e., shipping and their licensee info, the dealer will know exactly what to give you).
    4) Pay GT for the gun (and applicable shipping)
    5) Go to your local FFL and fill out your 4473 which will transfer the weapon into your ownership (just like buying your Hellcat from a dealer, nothing is different here).
    6) Pay the transfer fee and any applicable state fees/taxes
    7) Take your new Blue Label Glock to the range!

This may seem like a lot of steps, but ultimately it's pretty straight forward, will require you to visit only one place in person (the dealer that will transfer to you), and will save you a couple of hundred bucks and provide you with the pistol you want and 3-magazines, at the 'correct' (i.e., non-inflated) price.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I am seeing these still listed for sale in the $500ish range which i can’t say for all the dumb listings of glock 19s for 599-899 (yes I saw an ad for 899!!)

The m&P compact 4” could be argued as a product-improved G19 if you’re not already wedded to Glocks.
    The M&P Compacts were sub $400 preCovid and still available at reasonable mark up. My LGS had a M&P 2.0 CORE "optics ready" full size 9mm for $629 this week which seems fairly priced.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    The M&P Compacts were sub $400 preCovid and still available at reasonable mark up. My LGS had a M&P 2.0 CORE "optics ready" full size 9mm for $629 this week which seems fairly priced.
    PSA has them for $550. The normal compacts, that is.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Someone upthread posted a link to a distributor that would sell you a BL Glock.
    Thanks,.. but If you're referring to the GT Distributiors? They would,.. but ONLY if I live in the south!!! 😳
    I contacted them and they have an exclusive deal with Glock but they can only sell in certain states. And unfortunately, Michigan ain't one of them. 😫

Grabagun has them,.. but they're not BL distributors. So a pistol that I could get for UNDER $500 is gonna cost me $800 thru them. ($789+ tx.)

If you know of another online BL dealer with something in a 19 or 17 gen 5 in stock? Please,...!! Love to hear about them. Otherwise Im looking at a fortune to pick up something else thats reluable. (...Co worker offered to sell me his never fired Taurus G2c for $230. I looked at some reviews. I think ill pass!) 🤷*♂️

Palmetto arms has this in stock, on sale for $799 from $899.

SIG SAUER P320 RXP COMPACT 9MM PISTOL
    It appears to ship WITH an optic sight. 🤷*♂️
    DETAILS
    Brand: Sig Sauer

Model: P320 RXP Compact

Caliber: 9mm Luger

Capacity: 15+1

# of Mags: 2 15 round steel mags

Frame Finish: Black

Action: Striker Fire

Barrel Length 3.9"

OAL: 7.20"

Slide: Black Nitron Stainless Steel

Frame Material: Stainless Steel

Grips: Black Polymer

Sights: Romeo1 Pro w / Tall Contrast Sights

Weight: 25.80 oz

Barrel Description: Carbon Steel

FEATURES
    Featuring SIG SAUER's exclusive slide-mounted optic, the ROMEO1 PRO. The RXP will ensure faster sight acquisition on target. Simply put, it will make a good shooter a great shooter. Shoot confidently with faster target acquisition and improved accuracy. Installed. Zeroed. And backed by the quality of the SIG name."

Since I can't seem to find ANY of the full sized Glocks anywhere,.. And with nobody knowing when/if they'll get them back in stock anytime soon,... what are the experts thoughts on this particular compact?
    Ive seen a couple of very good reviews on the 320. It appears to be a popular weapon as well. (...but then so was the Hellcat!) 😂

It's more than I wanted to spend,.. and Ive never used or even sighted a weappn with optical sights before. Definitely don't want to rush into another expensive disaster. Lol

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
    Palmetto arms has this in stock, on sale for $799 from $899.

SIG SAUER P320 RXP COMPACT 9MM PISTOL
    It appears to ship WITH an optic sight.
    I don't have experience with that specific model, but I did sell my 2 upgraded P320 9MM Compacts in July after the latest concerns expressed in this thread:

New 2 July 2020 SIG P320 Lawsuit and P320 Concerns

For me, the summary is:

DocGKR:

Smart folks would do well to pay a LOT of attention to what psalms144.1 wrote back in post #131:

"it's damn near impossible to know what you're getting UNLESS you're getting a DHS contract pistol...........in a world of Gen5 Glocks, CZ P10s, M&P 2.0s, APXs, VP9s and 1911s, I wouldn't put my money or my safety into one (Sig 320)..."
    Last edited by SiriusBlunder; 09-30-2020 at 03:42 PM.

Site Supporter
    PSA has the Beretta 92 compact in stock on a daily deal for $499:
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/bere...=12%3a00+Email

I would personally rather have a Glock for general purposes, and have 4. But I have great respect for the Beretta 92 series, and have a full sized one of them still. I love to shoot it. If I were going to carry a TDA again, this would be on my list.

If you can’t find a Glock for a reasonable price, it may be a good choice.
    Last edited by Duelist; 09-30-2020 at 03:47 PM.

Site Supporter
    Are you close to Fowlerville, MI?
    Gunbroker listing for M&P2.0 Compact in Fowlerville: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/880248571

@Chomps If you haven’t given up on a BL Glock, you can use the dealer locator tool to find supporting stores near you.

https://us.glock.com/en/dealer-locator-usa

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    @Chomps If you haven’t given up on a BL Glock, you can use the dealer locator tool to find supporting stores near you.

https://us.glock.com/en/dealer-locator-usa
    Nope,.. @RJ I haven't exactly given up just yet. I even have a Glock BL dealer close to home at the range I've been shooting. They just don't have any Glocks in stock. They've got them ordered but can't say when or if they'll get them in. And since my intent was to get my CPL right soon,..? I need to get something.

And If Im going to invest in a second pistol, I would certainly prefer it not be unreliable or junk! 😉😂 :shrug:
    Having a full sized in addition to a compact just seemed practical. The one or two ppl I know who shoot competition all say to go full size for accuracy!

I'm sorry if it seems like Im looking for a lot of "hand holding" here. That's not my intent. I would be very happy to go with a Glock. And it's just looking more & more like Im goong to have to SPEND$$$ to get one. You guys have all been great with sharing advice and information. I guess It's just as many of you have pointed out,... "Times is crazy and Guns 'n Ammo is in short supply!!" 😜

SIDE NOTE: In the off chance I haven't mentioned it already, while my hands are not particularly small for the size of my palms? My fingers are sort of short and stubby,… So beefier guns like the Beretta with a larger grip & longer trigger reach are something that could be problematic for me.

I do like the Glock 19 and 17 especially with the exchangeable back straps because I could probably fit my grip to it a little better. Anyway,.. without being able to put one in my hand before purchasing it that's another thing that gives me a little pause when I'm considering what else to buy here. I only mention this so you guys will know I'm not just being some namby-pamby wuss about,... "Oooooh! I can't decide Which gun should I pick?" 😂😉

-Edit-
    I got the Hellcat shipped off to Springfield today. So, best case about 30 days. Worst,..? Who The F*%# knows! Lol
    Last edited by Chomps; 09-30-2020 at 06:36 PM.

User Tag List