Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger buying Marlin?

Quote Originally Posted by MRW View Post
    Looks like it is official. Ruger announced on their Instagram page the bankruptcy court and Remington accepted their bid.
    I got their email saying so.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Ruger press release posted in its entirety, because that's what press releases are for:

https://ruger.com/corporate/marlin.html

September 30, 2020
    Sturm, Ruger and Company, Inc. (NYSE: RGR) announced today that its offer to purchase substantially all of the Marlin Firearms assets was accepted by Remington Outdoor Company, Inc. and approved by the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Alabama. The Company will pay the $30 million purchase price from cash on hand at the time of closing, which is expected to occur in October.

"The value of Marlin and its 150-year legacy was too great of an opportunity for us to pass up," said Ruger President and CEO Chris Killoy. "The brand aligns perfectly with ours and the Marlin product portfolio will help us widen our already diverse product offerings."

The transaction is exclusively for the Marlin Firearms assets. Remington firearms, ammunition, other Remington Outdoor brands, and all facilities and real estate are excluded from the Ruger purchase. Once the purchase is completed, the Company will begin the process of relocating the Marlin Firearms assets to existing Ruger manufacturing facilities.

"The important thing for consumers, retailers and distributors to know at this point in time," continued Killoy, "is that the Marlin brand and its great products will live on. Long Live the Lever Gun."

Additional information will be released when available. To stay up to date, please sign up for our contact list using the link below.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Getting those manufacturers out of the hands of the vulture capitalists that ruined Remington is a good thing.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Ruger - make a synthetic stock, compact, stainless steel, lever action in 327 magnum. I'll buy that

The big problem with Remington wasn’t Remington IMO, it was that it was owned by folks that killed the damn operation dry and didn’t take care of the product line.

Anyway, count me in with the group that’s happy to see Ruger acquire Marlin. Now that an actual honest to god gun company owns Marlin, we will hopefully see improvements in QC and innovations in design. I’m certainly looking forward to the next couple of years from Marlin.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Ruger - make a synthetic stock, compact, stainless steel, lever action in 327 magnum. I'll buy that
    Name:  shut-shut-up-and-take-my-money-.jpg
Views: 531
Size:  50.4 KB

But.... I'll take mine in .357, tankyewveddymuch
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    I'm a 327 fan and it would compliment my SW 632 revolver if I decide to go post Apocalypse cowboy.

I'm a 327 fan and it would compliment my SW 632 revolver if I decide to go post Apocalypse cowboy.
    Those 100 grain federal JSP loads are a different animal from a rifle—it’s even more of a jarring, Jekyll and Hyde transformation than .357mag. IIRC, people are getting 2200 fps out of a Henry lever with that round—energy that exceeds 5.56, with hardly more bump and fuss than .22magnum in a lighter pump or lever rimfire frame. .327 fed mag is an animal if one can turn all that pressure and muzzle blast into velocity instead.

If the .327 Henry steel carbine was available with the side gate and a compact rail, I’d have one.

Site Supporter
    Yeah, I thought about the Henry but really didn't like it.

Yeah, I thought about the Henry but really didn't like it.
    They are high quality guns, though, very solid shooters. The glaring disadvantage is in a ban-ish, “urban rifle” application, as they are essentially sealed systems. The only way to top one of those things off quickly is transitioning to your Glock. What you start with is what you’ve got, like a kitchen fire extinguisher.

That said, 10 .44mag 300gr Hornady XTPs, in the (hardened) case of the lever that I can see from where I’m typing, is a decent start.

User Tag List