Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger buying Marlin?

Site Supporter

Ruger buying Marlin?

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/re...ts-bushmaster/

This sounds like a dream match for those who love the 357 or 44 matched revolver and lever action pairing. I'm on the fence between grabbing an 1894 CST now, or waiting to see what innovations Ruger might have up its sleeve if they pull this off. Integral 1894 with full length magazine tube, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by 757_Magnum View Post
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/re...ts-bushmaster/

This sounds like a dream match for those who love the 357 or 44 matched revolver and lever action pairing. I'm on the fence between grabbing an 1894 CST now, or waiting to see what innovations Ruger might have up its sleeve if they pull this off. Integral 1894 with full length magazine tube, anyone?
    I just hope they don't stop making the 1894 CSBL... because I still want one.

From what I am reading so far, the Remington selloff is the best thing to happen for fans of their products in many many years. Ruger buying Marlin, Sierra buying Barnes, PSA maybe buying DPMS... the list of objectively better companies than Remington buying product lines with innovative potential has to be a good thing for us gun comsumers.

I wonder if the rights to the Masada, AKA "ACR", are up for grabs? It'd be nice to see that rifle rise to it's potential, instead of fading into the dumpster of firearms history.

The “Ruger days” NW rep told me that they’ve been chasing the lever thing pretty seriously. Having Ruger at the helm developing, manufacturing, and servicing an expanded line of Marlin leverguns sounds pretty great to me.

I have a Omega 36M in NFA jail right now and one of the things I want to suppress is a 38 special lever gun. ( I want to run real heavy bullets in it subsonic.) I hope Ruger can fix the QA/QC problems Marlin has been known for.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    I have a Omega 36M in NFA jail right now and one of the things I want to suppress is a 38 special lever gun. ( I want to run real heavy bullets in it subsonic.) I hope Ruger can fix the QA/QC problems Marlin has been known for.
    From what I've read the past few years, current Marlin QC levels are excellent, and I've seen a handful of posts on various forums saying they've surpassed the fit and finish of the more recent JM stamped specimens before Remington came along.

Yep. I think this is a good match, and good news. If the worst comes to pass and we get hit with a ban on semi autos, lever actions will become very relevant.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Site Supporter
    I wish Ruger would bring back the model 96. I have long wished Ruger would make a Ruger version of the savage 99

Looks like it is official. Ruger announced on their Instagram page the bankruptcy court and Remington accepted their bid.

User Tag List