Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Is P-F Painfully Slow For Anyone Else Lately?

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    All of the style sheet issues appear to have been fixed, no more service unavailable or access denied issues... File attachments are uploading correctly. Speed is relatively normal.

The one thing that is still buggy for me is that I'm unable to give "Likes" from an Android device. Same for both my tablet and phone.

FF browser on both.

Page renders properly with the Like count at the bottom of each post, but, when I hit Like, I get this.... This is only on Android devices. Not a problem on Win10 PC.

Attachment 61721
    Good to know it’s not just me Roy, had/have the same issue for sev. days now on iOS for mobile & chrome on my desktop.

For some reason, things get slow only when I get to this thread.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

A couple 503's just a minute or so back...but much faster right afterward.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    There's still some weird stuff going on. Very hard to reproduce, and it's very random.

1. When I load the "New Posts" page, sometimes it comes up with the normal style/formatting. Sometimes it looks like old-time Usenet. I'll try to grab a screen cap next time. For a while it was only happening on my Android tablet, less often on my Android phone, but just now on my Win10 PC. All with FF browser.

Sometimes I can reload the page and it refreshes correctly. Usually I have to click through a few pages and "something happens" and the formatting returns to normal. I have no idea what happens to fix things.

2. Similar issue for the "Like" box. I think I posted upthread that sometimes I click "like" and the box goes away. Just disappears. I thought it might be a script blocker add-on so i disabled it. Still happens.

3. I still get pages that take >30 seconds to load.... No pattern to it. Just seems random. Haven't had any 404 or other server errors recently. Typically, pages load normally, but, sometimes not.

I'm happy to help troubleshoot if there's something helpful I can do... Will try to remember to grab screens.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

My experience somewhat mirrors RoyGBiv's - it's generally MUCH better than it was a few weeks ago, but rarely I'll get the screwed up/no stylesheet pages still. It's maybe one time out of fifty or one hundred page loads, so it's no big deal, but it's not completely back to normal.

We are now paying a monthly fee for basically protection against hackers, but the forum software will be upgraded sooner or later.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    FWIW... Just documentation... Unable to replicate this... it just happens.
    Win 10 PC w/FF browser.

Name:  No Like.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  36.1 KB
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    That's been happening to me too occasionally. Chrome on both Windows 10/laptop and iOs 14.1 on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    FWIW... Just documentation... Unable to replicate this... it just happens.
    Win 10 PC w/FF browser.
    yep, that happens for me all the time - sporadically. Win 10 and FF as well.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Site Supporter
    I’m having the same experiences as @RoyGBiv. P-F is usable, just acting a bit buggy.

User Tag List