Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Is P-F Painfully Slow For Anyone Else Lately?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasSiegfried View Post
    ...if anyone learns of, sees, or trusts any alternative to Tapatalk, I would appreciate a link to it. It works less than half the time for me....
    Just in case you haven’t seen it: in the bottom left hand corner of the screen there is a drop down where you can select a style; there is a second style named something like “default mobile style” that makes it better on an iPhone like form factor. It loses some of the navigation options but it is at least better than the desktop style.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Just in case you haven’t seen it: in the bottom left hand corner of the screen there is a drop down where you can select a style; there is a second style named something like “default mobile style” that makes it better on an iPhone like form factor. It loses some of the navigation options but it is at least better than the desktop style.

Thanks that helps quite a bit!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    Thanks that helps quite a bit!
    Having said that, there doesn’t seem to be any “like” functionality, and no “participated”, “today” or “subscribed” views. So It’s not exactly a first class citizen. That’s what’s kept me on Tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I hate Taptatalk and discourage its use because they try to steal what little money PF gets from links and write poor, bug ridden code.

In other news, PF seems to be hauling ass again.
    Agreed on those points but the mobile interface for vBulletin sucks, and trying to use the desktop interface on my mobile isn't much better. I realize you don't get much in the way of revenue when I access the site via Tapatalk, which is part of the reason I'm a site supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    I'm having trouble accessing PF with Tapatalk also. I only browse online with my phone and it makes a lot easier. Hope this gets fixed soon.
    Can not agree more. I do all my forum reading on the phone via Tapatalk. I never sit down in front of a desktop for this, it’s in short breaks at work or while rocking children to sleep. I understand the issues with Tapatalk, especially financially, but that is part of the reason I’m a site supporter to help offset that.

The V bulletin mobile doesn’t give the option to pull up just new posts which again with limited time is the most efficient way to catch-up on the days posts.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelD View Post
    Agreed on those points but the mobile interface for vBulletin sucks, and trying to use the desktop interface on my mobile isn't much better. I realize you don't get much in the way of revenue when I access the site via Tapatalk, which is part of the reason I'm a site supporter.
    Working on upgrading the site to vBulletin 5 which has a much better mobile interface.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Working on upgrading the site to vBulletin 5 which has a much better mobile interface.
    In the meantime, thanks for getting Tapatalk working again -- about 95% of the P-F time I get is through it.

Site Supporter
    All of the style sheet issues appear to have been fixed, no more service unavailable or access denied issues... File attachments are uploading correctly. Speed is relatively normal.

The one thing that is still buggy for me is that I'm unable to give "Likes" from an Android device. Same for both my tablet and phone.

FF browser on both.

Page renders properly with the Like count at the bottom of each post, but, when I hit Like, I get this.... This is only on Android devices. Not a problem on Win10 PC.

Name:  No Likey.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  5.9 KB
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Ops Normal here.

Hell even Tapatalk is working.

I can view PF on Tapatalk again! Woohoo!

User Tag List