View Poll Results: Are you voting for Biden?

Voters
212. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 3.30%
  • No

205 96.70%
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Who here is voting for Biden?

The more I money I make, the more I sympathize with those that pay an accountant/lawyer to make sure they don't pay more in taxes than they need to. I don't consider it cheating one bit. After all it was money I made in the first place. I now do the same thing. Don't like it? Change the tax code. Using the system to your advantage is simply good business.

Anyway.. Trump and I do thing similarly, he just has more money than I do. https://www.newsmax.com/morris/refun.../28/id/989227/

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    The more I money I make, the more I sympathize with those that pay an accountant/lawyer to make sure they don't pay more in taxes than they need to. I don't consider it cheating one bit. After all it was money I made in the first place. I now do the same thing. Don't like it? Change the tax code. Using the system to your advantage is simply good business.

Anyway.. Trump and I do thing similarly, he just has more money than I do. https://www.newsmax.com/morris/refun.../28/id/989227/
    Quoted in part because I can only click like once.

The linked article is a must-read, and contains critical information that will never see the light of day in the lamestream media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    What will be left of the 2nd Amendment if Biden/Harris gets in? And for how long?
    Is this supposed to be a convincing argument in favor of requiring that people vote a certain way in order to enjoy constitutional rights in a way that is unimpeded by government force? Do you maybe see a problem with that in principle?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I now do the same thing. Don't like it? Change the tax code. Using the system to your advantage is simply good business.
    Not Trump specific, but the issue with that is "the system" isn't a neutral party and didn't spring up whole cloth. People who don't like it and do change it have the money to donate millions of dollars to political campaigns, send lobbyists, hire PR firms and do advertisement campaigns, etc and why corporate welfare and crony capitalism is such an issue.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I don't think that's why we have the electoral college. My reading of it is that it was a compromise between those that wanted a popular vote and those that wanted congress to elect the president. Nobody at the time had any idea about the population centers to come. It wasn't a futuristic decision. Purely based on the situation at the time the constitution was written.
    More complicated than that, some delegates worried that an influx of new immigrants would have an allegiance to foreign princes and could be manipulted to vote a new king into the Presidency, others worried that a President directly selected by Congress would interfere with the seperation of power.

The electoral system was developed by a clean up committee at the end of the convention.

In the end it was part of the 3/5 compromise, an attempt to curtail the perpetuation of slavery. A compromise that the slave state of Virginia obviously won, Virginians occupied the White House for 32 of the Nations first 36 years.

In that light the electoral system was part of a compromise designed to eventually eliminate slavery, but ultimately took a 4 year shooting war to decide.

It should be embraced by the 1619 Project.......

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Not Trump specific, but the issue with that is "the system" isn't a neutral party and didn't spring up whole cloth. People who don't like it and do change it have the money to donate millions of dollars to political campaigns, send lobbyists, hire PR firms and do advertisement campaigns, etc and why corporate welfare and crony capitalism is such an issue.
    Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    No argument here. I'd vote for a flat tax today. Meanwhile, the benefits offered to major corporations benefit my little corporation as well.

On a side note, I don't think corporations should pay any taxes at all. In exchange they couldn't donate corporate earnings to political campaigns. Put the tax liability completely on the shareholders of the company. There's a little problem with SCOTUS rulings with this, though.

One piece of collateral damage that many don't consider when talking about corporate tax reform is the enormous amount of charitable giving that goes to non-profits and charities.

Quote Originally Posted by 36trap View Post
    After Trump wins the 2020 Presidential Election, I'd like to see the following added to ATF Form 4473, Section B, #21:

21.2.1. Did you vote for Joe Biden in the 2020 Presidential Election? Yes / No

Add the following to the bold text at the end of Section B:

I understand that a person who answers “yes” to question 21.2.1. is prohibited from receiving or possessing a firearm.
    You should send that suggestion to the WH. Maybe Trump can use it in a campaign ad.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

No argument here. I'd vote for a flat tax today. Meanwhile, the benefits offered to major corporations benefit my little corporation as well.

On a side note, I don't think corporations should pay any taxes at all. In exchange they couldn't donate corporate earnings to political campaigns. Put the tax liability completely on the shareholders of the company. There's a little problem with SCOTUS rulings with this, though.

One piece of collateral damage that many don't consider when talking about corporate tax reform is the enormous amount of charitable giving that goes to non-profits and charities.
    That would probably kill the stock market and 401's. People would start hiding money in walls and burying it again. Cash would be king just like 1924. You might have to carry a gun.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    Is this supposed to be a convincing argument in favor of requiring that people vote a certain way in order to enjoy constitutional rights in a way that is unimpeded by government force? Do you maybe see a problem with that in principle?

Absolutely not, but anybody who is voting for Biden/Harris is voluntarily surrendering theirs and our 2nd Amendment rights.

User Tag List