Thread: Will no one rid me of fogging glasses...................

Will no one rid me of fogging glasses...................

It is that time of year again. Whether hiking, hunting or a match I seemed to be cursed with glasses that easily fog. It doesn't matter whether they are goggles or small/large framed eyeglasses it seems to start whenever there is any kind of exertion of 15 minutes or more on my part. I have used many products including Cat Crap, Fogtechdx, Dawn, spit and so on but although some products will delay onset of fogging, it doesn't stop or eliminate long term (say an hour or more). On a bicycle, fog dissipates once there is movement but when I stop at a light, it will start right back up.

Any suggestions or thoughts on how to combat this debilitating and chronic problem.

FWIW, for SCUBA diving masks, I always cleaned them inside and out with toothpaste, rinsed thoroughly, then applied liquid spit (real or synthetic), quick rinse, AND THEN DON'T TAKE IT OFF.

Not sure if there's anything on this list that you haven't tried, also:

https://www.edcmag.com/best-anti-fog-sprays/

Site Supporter
    Best I’ve found. Got it from my optometrist.
    Name:  6574B638-2F32-436D-AF3B-1D165C3AC490.jpeg
Views: 321
Size:  74.4 KB

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I fixed it pretty permanently by getting Lasik. I had it done in '03 and it remains the best money I ever spent.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I actually found rainx works fairly well, however it for sure takes reapplication, usually weekly for what its worth.

I wash mine with a dab of Dawn and hot water, rinse in really hot water and shake to dry. If I'm out on the trail and start fogging which is rarely now, the fogging not not being on a trail, a quick lick, yes with the tongue, and a wipe will cure it until I get them washed again. My theory, water can only condensate if there is dirt or grime, sorta like a snowflake forming around a dust particle.

User Tag List