Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump picks Amy Coney Barrett.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Adopting a child that matches the race/pigment of Caucasian parents is not necessarily possible for folks of average wealth. As a result, Hollyweird aside, folks go with what is available (for lack of a better term). Reasons for adopting are varied, in Barrett's case, I'd imagine it was wanting to make a difference in the lives of their kids.

My wife couldn't have children. Even though I already had sons who were in their later teens, I thought she'd be a great mom, so we set out to adopt. We made several futile efforts working on our own behalf, before deciding to retain THE adoption attorney in our area. One day while talking to his secretary I asked 'so how many adoptions do you guys do a year that aren't already arranged by the couple and the birth mom?' 'Four or five.' 'How many folks would you say have retained X to find a baby?' 'Thirty to forty.' I was 40, my wife was 32 and I can do math. We needed to do something else.

Our answer was foster-care. A lot of folks adopt kids they've had in foster-care. Many of those kids are different ethnicities than their foster-parents.
    I was involved tangentially in college with a girl I was dating who was a foster child so I got to see some of it.

I just wanted to log on to say thank you and you are a better man me.

And anyone that says anything about who is adopting who, that doesn't personally have a house full of children that aren't biologically their own that they are taking care of, should put their heads back in their asses where they belong so the rest of us don't have to hear their stupidity regarding the race of said parents/children.

People raised in "normal" households have NO IDEA what these kids go through and what they would do just to have parents that care for them, period.

Different time in America...but my father, his younger sister, and two younger (twin) brothers were all in foster homes for years, separately...until my father graduated high school, went to work and reunited them all together with their mother.

While I've heard some foster care stories that are not for the fainthearted, there are also the stories that were more heroic.

All I know is that when I looked at the orphanage in East Harlem my father was in before being placed, I was in tears thinking of what might have become of him if some family hadn't taken him in.

It was no picnic either way...but as I say, a different time. I have nothing but respect for what Dan and his wife have done to make the lives of unfortunate children exponentially better.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

The effort to smear her using the adoption of those two Haitian kids is repugnant.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    The effort to smear her using the adoption of those two Haitian kids is repugnant normal behavior for the Democrat Party.
    FIFY

Yes... It's repugnant. And likely to backfire.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    And likely to backfire.
    Especially among the particularly woke white folks who have adopted children of color.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Especially among the particularly woke white folks who have adopted children of color.

Okie John
    Which makes me wonder if that's why the vote will be in two weeks and not tomorrow. Get it as close to the election as possible given our short attention span.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Which makes me wonder if that's why the vote will be in two weeks and not tomorrow. Get it as close to the election as possible given our short attention span.
    Predicting and/or understanding that level of political strategy is straight-up witchcraft.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

I thought the argument went that if a gay couple wanted to adopt a child, the only thing that mattered was that they would be placed in a loving home. Is that still correct-think, or are we are toeing a new party line now?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Attachment 61068

It seems that people are self-shitting at epic rates over this, maybe because proceeds to go to the National Republican Senatorial Committee, which raises funds to help elect Republicans to the Senate.

Which is nice.

Okie John
    I could do without the crown. It's kinda like the opposite of what all this is about.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I could do without the crown. It's kinda like the opposite of what all this is about.
    You're probably not cool enough to be aware that Ruth Bader-Ginsburg was called Notorious RBG, semi-jokingly after rapper Notorious BIG. This is a play on and continuation of that.

Name:  f4ab6ebd-15ac-4df6-ad5c-e5a127afc73f.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  31.9 KB

User Tag List