Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump picks Amy Coney Barrett.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Our answer was foster-care.
    As a complete aside, that's awesome and thanks for doing it.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I am not a that much of a Star Wars person, but thought this reflects the time of 2A supporters:

This is our most desperate hour. Help us, *Amy Coney Barrett*. You're our only hope.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    People are melting down over this because adopting black children is now, wait for it, a sign of racism.
    I made a prediction a while back. That white guys like me who married a brown woman would be called racist for doing so.

Looks like something similar to that is coming true.

Terry Crews was right... this is turning into a black supremacy movement. Those wishing for black "purity" are no less racist than those seeking white "purity". Why can't people just be happy that a kid gets to live in a good home.

Don't even get me started on the Indian Child Welfare Act. Friends of my son's have fostered several Alaskan Native kids only to have them removed and placed back in the environment they were saved from. Back into conditions that would disqualify any non-Native family from having foster children, including those with felony DV convictions living in the same household.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Adopting a child that matches the race/pigment of Caucasian parents is not necessarily possible for folks of average wealth. As a result, Hollyweird aside, folks go with what is available (for lack of a better term). Reasons for adopting are varied, in Barrett's case, I'd imagine it was wanting to make a difference in the lives of their kids.

My wife couldn't have children. Even though I already had sons who were in their later teens, I thought she'd be a great mom, so we set out to adopt. We made several futile efforts working on our own behalf, before deciding to retain THE adoption attorney in our area. One day while talking to his secretary I asked 'so how many adoptions do you guys do a year that aren't already arranged by the couple and the birth mom?' 'Four or five.' 'How many folks would you say have retained X to find a baby?' 'Thirty to forty.' I was 40, my wife was 32 and I can do math. We needed to do something else.

Our answer was foster-care. A lot of folks adopt kids they've had in foster-care. Many of those kids are different ethnicities than their foster-parents.
    I commend you for making a difference in children's lives.

Just to be clear I was specifically speaking of people in entertainment industry who appeared to be purposely adopting children of color for fashionable reasons.

It has come to my attention, that in honor of Ruth Bader Ginsberg, or RBG, that the left does not want Amy Coney Barrett to be referred to as ACB.

Gentleman, ladies, you know what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    It has come to my attention, that in honor of Ruth Bader Ginsberg, or RBG, that the left does not want Amy Coney Barrett to be referred to as ACB.

Gentleman, ladies, you know what to do.
    ACB. Easy as 1-2-3.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Name:  Notorious ACB.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  54.1 KB

It seems that people are self-shitting at epic rates over this, maybe because proceeds to go to the National Republican Senatorial Committee, which raises funds to help elect Republicans to the Senate.

Which is nice.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I wish they would start tomorrow.
    I could wait until Wednesday. I just wish they'd quit interviewing morons on the street and spewing poll data: 60% of Americans thing the next POTUS should pick. That's not how it works, folks, and it doesn't matter what you think. If RBG had given a damn about being replaced while a Dem was in, she should have retired in 2014. Now you get what you get.

Drive on with hearings and let's vote.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Name:  Notorious ACB.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  54.1 KB

It seems that people are self-shitting at epic rates over this, maybe because proceeds to go to the National Republican Senatorial Committee, which raises funds to help elect Republicans to the Senate.

Which is nice.

Okie John
    What's really hilarious is how many of them think the 'Notorious' part of that was somehow organic on their collective part, and not a simple copycat of the mid 90's rapper 'Notorious B.I.G.' aka 'Biggie Smalls'.

User Tag List