Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump picks Amy Coney Barrett.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    When was the MSM taken over? Was it so gradual that we didn't notice? Was it the money people that own news outlets shaping the news for their benefit? [Why did Bloomberg just pop 100 million in the Florida election? Does he think he can buy the Florida election?]

It's out in the open now. Can it be fixed?
    It's been incremental...death by 1,000 cuts.

Can the genie be put back in the bottle? Your guess is as good as mine.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    It's been incremental...death by 1,000 cuts.

Can the genie be put back in the bottle? Your guess is as good as mine.
    Hear tell, even Walter Cronkite was way left, and reported accordingly. He just hid it well.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Hear tell, even Walter Cronkite was way left, and reported accordingly. He just hid it well.
    I still remember him lying to America about the Tet offensive.

I believe it has always been the case, but never more so than now, that it is up to the consumer of information (news, history, opinion, etc.) to obtain that information from multiple diverse sources and apply their own critical thinking, informed by history, observations and experience to any information they receive.

And while it has never been easier to access multiple sources, it also has never been easier to create a source that promotes a narrative, and so it has never been harder to separate facts from propaganda. Doing so effectively is often hard and sometimes leads to unwelcome conclusions, and the path of least resistance is often to consume a source that generally promotes the narratives we have already accepted.

Journalism has dictated political policy and division since this country was founded. Dudes actually used to duel and kill each other over perceived insults in print.

Read "The Boys on the Bus" about the reporterage during the 1972 election, and the rise of a lot of the people who would be seriously influential news figures for decades to come. Almost all of them were some flavor of Leftist, and fairly open about their biases.
    Those people had a big effect on who was hired, and that did skew the industry to the hard left.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I was very impressed by her. Also quite interested in her background. I stumbled upon this pic from 1994. Obviously looks matter not when you're picking an Associate Justices of the United States Supreme Court, but I couldn't not share a picture of this bright and shiny penny.

Name:  amyconey.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  29.5 KB
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter

Some good journalism, about why Hirono needs a hoof in the Clamato:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...uble-standard/
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Some good journalism, about why Hirono needs a hoof in the Clamato:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...uble-standard/
    Name:  8B5419C7-EC76-41CE-AC44-A3C8BE291BAB.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  56.9 KB

User Tag List