Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump picks Amy Coney Barrett.

Trump picks Amy Coney Barrett.

I thought it would be better to start a thread about her then posting on the RBG thread.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2020...9351601220606/

Senate to begin hearings on Amy Coney Barrett confirmation Oct. 12

The Senate judiciary committee is set to begin four days of hearings to consider Barrett's nomination beginning on Oct. 12 as Trump has called for the Republican-held Senate to swiftly complete the confirmation process, which would swing the court to a 6-3 conservative majority, ahead of November's elections.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

I wish they would start tomorrow. Let's get 'er done...sooner the better.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

I agree. Rip the band aid off, and move on. She’s a solid choice.

Yeah, I'm not sure why wait two weeks.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

People are melting down over this because adopting black children is now, wait for it, a sign of racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    People are melting down over this because adopting black children is now, wait for it, a sign of racism.
    I guess she's going to have to own it...oh wait...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

We really need to start mocking these kinds of idiots. Loudly and often.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Wasn't that the fashionable thing to do in Hollywierd not too long ago? Virtue Signaling of the highest order. A demonstration of supreme wokeness.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I wish they would start tomorrow. Let's get 'er done...sooner the better.
    Yes please! Lets have a vote ASAP. There is nothing to change, no one to persuade all we can expect is more time for the whining Libs to make a stink.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Wasn't that the fashionable thing to do in Hollywierd not too long ago? Virtue Signaling of the highest order. A demonstration of supreme wokeness.
    Adopting a child that matches the race/pigment of Caucasian parents is not necessarily possible for folks of average wealth. As a result, Hollyweird aside, folks go with what is available (for lack of a better term). Reasons for adopting are varied, in Barrett's case, I'd imagine it was wanting to make a difference in the lives of their kids.

My wife couldn't have children. Even though I already had sons who were in their later teens, I thought she'd be a great mom, so we set out to adopt. We made several futile efforts working on our own behalf, before deciding to retain THE adoption attorney in our area. One day while talking to his secretary I asked 'so how many adoptions do you guys do a year that aren't already arranged by the couple and the birth mom?' 'Four or five.' 'How many folks would you say have retained X to find a baby?' 'Thirty to forty.' I was 40, my wife was 32 and I can do math. We needed to do something else.

Our answer was foster-care. A lot of folks adopt kids they've had in foster-care. Many of those kids are different ethnicities than their foster-parents.

User Tag List