Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 205

Thread: Trump picks Amy Coney Barrett.

  1. #1

    Trump picks Amy Coney Barrett.

    I thought it would be better to start a thread about her then posting on the RBG thread.

    https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2020...9351601220606/

    Senate to begin hearings on Amy Coney Barrett confirmation Oct. 12

    The Senate judiciary committee is set to begin four days of hearings to consider Barrett's nomination beginning on Oct. 12 as Trump has called for the Republican-held Senate to swiftly complete the confirmation process, which would swing the court to a 6-3 conservative majority, ahead of November's elections.

  2. #2
    ...it tolls for thee blues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Blue Ridge Mtns
    I wish they would start tomorrow. Let's get 'er done...sooner the better.
    "Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." - Sun Tzu // "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

  3. #3
    happy sharps enabler Totem Polar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    PacNW
    I agree. Rip the band aid off, and move on. She’s a solid choice.

  4. #4
    Yeah, I'm not sure why wait two weeks.

  5. #5
    Welcome to the party Pal Casual Friday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    People are melting down over this because adopting black children is now, wait for it, a sign of racism.

  6. #6
    ...it tolls for thee blues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Blue Ridge Mtns
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    People are melting down over this because adopting black children is now, wait for it, a sign of racism.
    I guess she's going to have to own it...oh wait...
    "Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." - Sun Tzu // "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

  7. #7
    Soul Brother Number 1 Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Utah
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    People are melting down over this because adopting black children is now, wait for it, a sign of racism.
    We really need to start mocking these kinds of idiots. Loudly and often.
    #RESISTLEFTISTS

  8. #8
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT (behind Enemy lines)
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    People are melting down over this because adopting black children is now, wait for it, a sign of racism.
    Wasn't that the fashionable thing to do in Hollywierd not too long ago? Virtue Signaling of the highest order. A demonstration of supreme wokeness.

  9. #9
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT (behind Enemy lines)
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I wish they would start tomorrow. Let's get 'er done...sooner the better.
    Yes please! Lets have a vote ASAP. There is nothing to change, no one to persuade all we can expect is more time for the whining Libs to make a stink.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Wasn't that the fashionable thing to do in Hollywierd not too long ago? Virtue Signaling of the highest order. A demonstration of supreme wokeness.
    Adopting a child that matches the race/pigment of Caucasian parents is not necessarily possible for folks of average wealth. As a result, Hollyweird aside, folks go with what is available (for lack of a better term). Reasons for adopting are varied, in Barrett's case, I'd imagine it was wanting to make a difference in the lives of their kids.

    My wife couldn't have children. Even though I already had sons who were in their later teens, I thought she'd be a great mom, so we set out to adopt. We made several futile efforts working on our own behalf, before deciding to retain THE adoption attorney in our area. One day while talking to his secretary I asked 'so how many adoptions do you guys do a year that aren't already arranged by the couple and the birth mom?' 'Four or five.' 'How many folks would you say have retained X to find a baby?' 'Thirty to forty.' I was 40, my wife was 32 and I can do math. We needed to do something else.

    Our answer was foster-care. A lot of folks adopt kids they've had in foster-care. Many of those kids are different ethnicities than their foster-parents.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •