Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump picks Amy Coney Barrett.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I have no doubt that if she did get in, she'd make a fair and equal distribution of misery for everyone.
    I doubt it. I'm sure she'll pander to those who she thinks will do her the most good. But I take your overall meaning.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Name:  ACB_Religion.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  24.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    Pff, democrats view Ilhan Omar's religion as a bonus feature. The double standards run thick.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    Omar could hardly be described as an orthodox Muslim.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Omar could hardly be described as an orthodox Muslim.
    Justice Barrett is not an orthodox Roman Catholic.

I know and like a lot of Charismatic Catholics, and they are absolutely in communion and so forth, but they’re kind of vorpal Catholics +2. They throw awesome barbecues, not to stereotype.
    Ignore Alien Orders

How would you like to be a Senator about to cast a negative vote for confirmation next week after all this testimony?

How do you go back to your constituents and say that this woman is unqualified to be on the SCOTUS?

(I understand that I have little to no hope that this will happen, and it will be a virtual Party line vote. But I’m an optimistic person. Sigh.)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Justice Barrett is not an orthodox Roman Catholic.

I know and like a lot of Charismatic Catholics, and they are absolutely in communion and so forth, but they’re kind of vorpal Catholics +2. They throw awesome barbecues, not to stereotype.
    Judge (not Justice yet ) Barrett is much closer to orthodox than Omar, I'll wager.

<thread drift>
    Our Bishop was speaking at the regional Charismatic Conference a few years back and was given a note that there was a Toyota Corolla that had apparently been parked in neutral without the parking brake having been set. He said something to the effect of, "There's a Toyota Corolla in the parking lot that's slowly rolling...wait, it's a holy roller!"
    </thread drift>

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    vorpal Catholics
    Okay, I know a few Catholics. I've never heard that phrase. Can you explain? Google got me no farther than Lewis Carroll, and I couldn't land any planes with that.

ETA:
    They throw awesome barbecues, not to stereotype.
    Reminds me I know some people who are part of a Seventh-Day Adventist family in the KC area who raise beef commercially. Weirdly enough, they're vegetarians.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 10-14-2020 at 08:15 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Okay, I know a few Catholics. I've never heard that phrase. Can you explain? Google got me no farther than Lewis Carroll, and I couldn't land any planes with that.
    I believe JAD was comparing them to particularly fine weaponry in D&D - it's been a long time, but IIRC if you roll a critical hit with a vorpal sword, it's an automatic beheading or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    It was a nerdy thing (from Carroll, as well as D&D) — the knight’s ‘vorpal blade’ was really sharp, and the Charasmatics I’ve hung out with have a very deep-seated faith, that transmits unusually well to their kids.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List