Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump picks Amy Coney Barrett.

Site Supporter
    Ask her if it was wrong for Roberts to trash the 10 progun cases recently. She would pass, but I'd like to get it on the record that Roberts is the stumbling block for gun rights.

Also, watching geezers put together sentences is so painful. I know many coherent older folks, not in Congress though.

Name:  amy.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  37.9 KB
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 10-14-2020 at 09:34 AM.

How many more days of hearings before they vote?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    This came up in a different discussion circle that I am a part of, populated by much further left leaning folks, on average, than this group. By and large, they also thought it was ridiculous that "sexual preference" got jumped on. Probably an indication of an overplayed hand on the senator's part.
    The audacity of dumping that turd in ACB's lap and walking away without allowing her to respond is so 11th grade. An embarrassment to her State.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    The audacity of dumping that turd in ACB's lap and walking away without allowing her to respond is so 11th grade. An embarrassment to her State.
    I think that's an insult to 11th graders.

Don Ho was probably referring to her mind when he sang "Tiny Bubbles".
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I just happened to catch a bit of the hearings yesterday when Diane Feinstein was grilling her. First it was on Roe v. Wade, and Feinstein finally admitted that she had probably gotten all she could out of that. Then it was on to gun control, and ACB's answers did not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. To paraphrase, she said she didn't see Heller guaranteeing anything, and that the Constitution permits regulation. Then Feinstein confused me and ACB by mingling questions about abortion and gun control. I'm sure we both had the same WTF look on our faces.

Scorecard: Feinstein is senile, and we're going to get whatever we get with ACB.

Later, Ted Cruz lobbed softballs, and a Senator from RI had diagrams and signs to make his case, but didn't ask a single question.

All I learned is that ACB probably could have withstood a Korean prison camp.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Any idea what this Sen. Whitehouse is talking about?

What a whackadoodle.

Site Supporter
    Did she say that today about Heller? Yesterday she didn't give an opinion as to whether was right or wrong. Just what it said and the process for challenging it.

Site Supporter
    Name:  lb201014c20201013091823.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  42.0 KB
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Name:  lb201014c20201013091823.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  42.0 KB
    Outfuckingstanding.

The bias runs deep ... The woke monster is hungry ...

https://notthebee.com/article/amy-co...fines-the-term

User Tag List