Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: The Leupold FX-II Ultralight 2.5x20mm and the Defensive Carbine

This is definitely thread creep, but these just showed up in a sale email from a local store for $200:

https://www.leupold.com/scopes/rifle...eedom-1-5-4x20
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    This is definitely thread creep, but these just showed up in a sale email from a local store for $200:

https://www.leupold.com/scopes/rifle...eedom-1-5-4x20
    If the reticle works for you, I'd say a great buy!

Has anyone continued their use/evaluation of the FX-II 2.5X? I put one on my hog rifle and have been very pleased with it thus far (good light transmission in low light and with green light, clean reticle), but am considering a piggybacked or offset MRDO for tracking runners in low light.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I picked one up for my CVA Scout takedown single shot in .300 BLK. Seemed like a good fit for small, light and minimalist, and the magnification is a good pairing for the cartridge. Haven't mounted it yet, though.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    Has anyone continued their use/evaluation of the FX-II 2.5X? I put one on my hog rifle and have been very pleased with it thus far (good light transmission in low light and with green light, clean reticle), but am considering a piggybacked or offset MRDO for tracking runners in low light.
    I still like mine, but then again I haven't really used it yet. Compared to the Aimpoint it replaced, accuracy at 85yds( furthest distance I have access to), accuracy was much better for my crappy eyes.
    Only managed to zero it, and one range session after, then ammo disappeared. I'm only just now getting back to working with my ARs, but I have seen no reason to change now.

Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    Has anyone continued their use/evaluation of the FX-II 2.5X?
    I bought one back in January to try on my ultra light AR. Zero'ed up fine and no problems shooting from the bench, but as soon as I went off hand and added movement and started shooting some range drills it all went to hell for me in both terms of speed and accuracy. Inside 25 yards it caused me a lot of visual confusion and the lack of contrast against a dark target made it hard to even get good hits in broad daylight for me.

Hunting might be a better use case.

I moved it to one of my bolt action rimfires and I think that is its perfect home, at least in my use.

User Tag List