Thread: Custom/aftermarket Ruger SA grip frames - Ronnie Wells

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"

Custom/aftermarket Ruger SA grip frames - Ronnie Wells

Stumbled across this last night.

https://rwgripframes-com.3dcartstore...RAMES_c_7.html

CNC-machined grip frames for Ruger SA revolvers in a multitude of styles, in either brass or aluminum. Making packing pistols more perfect. Not cheap, but quite possibly worth it.

Currently, a 32-page discussion of them here:

https://singleactions.proboards.com/...s-ronnie-wells

I haven't rabbit-holed that thread yet, but from what I've seen, RW seems to be a stand-up guy delivering excellent and personal service.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I’m not his target audience but I had a 25-30 min phone call with him about his frames. Ok, more like 10 minutes about the frames and the rest of the time was shooting the breeze. He’s a hoot!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Damn, those are nice.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    I'm a newb to the world of Ruger single-actions. What models will those grip frames fit?

Black Hawk?
    Vaquero?
    Single-Six?

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I'm a newb to the world of Ruger single-actions. What models will those grip frames fit?

Black Hawk?
    Vaquero?
    Single-Six?
    Ruger SA Grip frames 1953 to present.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Like any new revolver today, these grip frames are basically a kit that the end user or a gunsmith turns into a serviceable product. Just a little moreso. And advertised as such up front.

The good news is that it's designed to enable each one to be whatever the owner wants it to be. Extensive customization is provided for. Each one is finished by hand. By the time it's done, each one of these projects will cost more than entry level prices on used Blackhawks, even DIY, if your time is worth anything at all. But it enables you to have something that simply isn't available otherwise.

For example, an aluminum Bisley grip (with improvements) on a New Model flat top.
    Not another dime.

Every once in awhile, I check in on that thread to see what new single action pr0n has been posted. The latest is stunning, with marbling that carries through the walnut and color case hardening as if they are one and the same. Amazing.

https://singleactions.proboards.com/post/370656/thread
    Not another dime.

User Tag List